cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to get more than 8gb of data?

elizabethbeeds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My internet is down at home and I am hosting an online conference today thru thursday.  having to tether to make zoom work.  

I purchased the 8gb and have already used 3.5 in the first session.   Is there a way to get more data without having to purchase 1gb @$15 each time i need more?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elizabethbeeds 

For your situation, do the plan change immediately (refer to option 1 below) between the $45/6.5GB and $50/8.5GB plans.  You do not want to renew too early as there is no refund of the unused data.  There is no delay to get hold of moderator assistance to renew your $50/8.5GB plan early (Reter toi option 2 below).

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@elizabethbeeds  Friend used to live in cottage country without access to landline. He simply renewed the $50 early whenever he ran out. Even though it includes USA calling, it's still the cheapest per gb of data.

Just add a payment so Available Funds equal plan cost and request early renewal from the moderators. If you get really tight for time due to moderator availability, the only quick way is to Change Plan immediately; toggle between the $45 & $50 plans (average cost $6.33/gb)

Useful info perhaps: https://nerdschalk.com/zoom-data-usage-and-reduction-tips/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To be honest, I would just switch to a main carrier like Telus and go with their 20-50GB plans. Public Mobile is intended for light data use.

@elizabethbeeds 

Is there any chance you registered an email for the new years promotion? If you did you could acitvate a new account with the $50/8.5gb ($48/9.5gb in quebec). It would give you plenty of dedicated data for zoom meetings an additional 5gb data add on in about a week and a 30 day credit Refer yourself....you get $1 p/mnth and your zoom meeting gets a $10 credit .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

teh easiest way is to do 2 immediate plan changes.  i think the cheapest way is  get the $15 plan then then do another plan change and buy the 8gb plan.

or mix and match with the various plan combinations.

teh other option is to ask mods to do an early plan renewal.  but it might take time to get a reply.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well there IS a way, but you may not like it, @elizabethbeeds 

You could add funds sufficient to renew the plan early, thus your data counter would reset to 8 GB.

The big disadvantage to doing this is you're effectively losing out on what time/data may be remaining from your current cycle to the next renewal period.

(EDIT:  You'd need Moderator assistance to renew existing plan to the SAME plan before it's scheduled renewal date.)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@elizabethbeeds wrote:

My internet is down at home and I am hosting an online conference today thru thursday.  having to tether to make zoom work.  

I purchased the 8gb and have already used 3.5 in the first session.   Is there a way to get more data without having to purchase 1gb @$15 each time i need more?

Thanks

@elizabethbeeds   Unfortunately, your choices are limited to either purchasing more data or asking moderators to renew to your current plan once you've used up your plan allotment of data.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@elizabethbeeds your best option will be to change to the $45/6.5gb plan once you've used your 8gb. make sure you manually add funds to your account before doing so. $45

you can also ask mods to renew your plan, but I don't recommend this route because of the inhibility to know when you will receive a response

Need Help? Let's chat.