cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable SMS messages?

Kvothe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like to have a phone to just talk, not text. I find it is a poor choice for conversation. I could do it with Koodo and I had to talk to a service rep. Any chance I can do that here?

7 REPLIES 7

keleone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's probably not worth the hassle to disable text messages. I would reccomend making notifications for texts slient and just ignoring them! 🙂

Kvothe

That's fair, alright I guess that answer is simple. 

Thanks for all the replies! Love PM so far!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kvothe wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I have a flip phone I use, an Alcatel go flip. Would like it to be a call only phone

Just don't use it. The mothers in my life have old flip phones and they don't text at all but their phones can. They get texts from the phone company but they don't see them. None of their children would bother to text them knowing they wouldn't be seen.

@Kvothe Try the suggestions here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-text-messages-in-ios-and-android/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven't heard of that option but it can't hurt to reach out to the Moderators about that (use the question mark in the right lower corner). 

Apart from that, you can do what @computergeek541 has already mentioned - modify the settings on your phone. 

Welcome to PM.

Kvothe

Thank you for the reply. I have a flip phone I use, an Alcatel go flip. Would like it to be a call only phone

@Kvothe wrote:

I like to have a phone to just talk, not text. I find it is a poor choice for conversation. I could do it with Koodo and I had to talk to a service rep. Any chance I can do that here?

I do not believe that Public Mobile's moderators can do it from their end, but you would have to ask them for a definitive answer. If you're using a smartphone, you can disable or silence notifications of all incomiing text messages. The messages will still be there, but you won't be told about them.

Need Help? Let's chat.