cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the "1GB Referral Add-on" just one-time or does it refresh month to month

Ferlea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how the 1GB referral add on works. Is it a one time usage only (ending after the 1GB is all used up) -- or does it refresh and start again from 1GB each month, or after the roll over data is used up?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Ferlea

yes, the moderator who fixed it for me was:

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had the problem where my add on was being used before my plan data.  I just contacted a moderator and they fixed it for me.

Ferlea

Thanks - I wrote them a message about this issue!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ferlea no, plan data does NOT roll over from cycle to cycle.  Anything unused at the end of your 30 or 90 days (depending on your plan length) goes away.  There is a known issue with the referral bonus data add-on where it is being used first, as you noted.  It should NOT be.  This is a bug.  Please reach out to the @CS_Agent for assistance:

You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ferlea

The data is being drawn first from my 1GB referall bonus... so I guess the issue is not solved. Thanks for writing this! Anyway, my monthly data will roll over to the next month if it is not used correct? I currently have a 500MB plan in addition to the 1GB referral.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think the problem has been taken care of for everyone yet.  But if you contact a Mod, they will remove the add on and put a new one on, and then it will correctly use data from your plan before the add on.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ferlea, the bonus data is a ONE time thing it does not renew.  It is SUPPOSED to be there for when you have used all the allotted data in your plan and would be used until your plan renews and you get your new amount of data.  I have read where people are experiencing it being drawn down before their plan data and I am hoping this has been taken care of so that it is plan data first and the bonus is there for when you need it (you are out of your plan data)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.