cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the $10 plan at 4G vs $25 plan at 3G ????????

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got this advise as cut and pasted below -

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Keep in mind that your data on the $10 account is full speed 4G LTE. 

Is this correct ???? If this is true then it's best to hold on to the $10 plans and just purchase top ups as required. Unless your camping in remote areas it's hard to be away from a WIFI source. I for one mostly use WIFI. I use data occasionally to google etc. but never to watch videos or GPS that eat up data.

16 REPLIES 16

@jogensick 

What actions did you perform?

jogensick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think something screwed up when I tried to make my monthly plan bigger a.k.a. the $45 one. And now nothing is working

@Anonymous 

I'll take that bet.....only the $15 plan is hard coded. There have been numerous members showing their plan details without autopay and are missing the extra 500mb.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER : And any newer curious folks:

It's all old historical marketing decisions this place used to have.
They used to have full 4G plans.
They used to have a plan builder that you could choose full 4G or throttled 4G ("3G").
They used to have the limited talk and text plan that you could add data to. (our $10 plan)
They used to have data only plans that you were NOT able to add talk to.
They never had a texting add-on. (maybe maybe way early on)
Now they just have all plans with some amount of throttled 4G data.

The deal has always been (as I quoted from the T&C's in an earlier reply to you) that add-ons would be given the speed at which your plan data came.
If you had full 4G then add-ons would come full 4G.
If you had 3G then add-ons would come 3G.
If you had no data then add-ons would come full 4G.
The fact that all current plans come with 3G data means that those plans can't enjoy 4G.

Even the $15 plan is hard-coded to have its bit of data even without autopay. I'd be kinda willing to bet (and would stand corrected if wrong) that all the other plans come with their total amount of data even without autopay on. Consider me standing.

@BEER 

No biggie....you weren't the only one!

As far as the $10 plan goes....keep it! I have two accounts one with the $10 plan and one with the $15 plan. Originally I needed to maintain the extra phone number. It has my @darlicious community account associated to it so it is more than free with my loyalty, autopay and referral rewards on itas well. But it is not my main phone and the limited texts and calls on it would not be practical but it does supplement my $15 plan. The added bonus is it gives me double freebie gifts and the full 4G LTE data. If for some reason I need or want more data and its the only way to spend the credit on the account since the plan is already more than covered then I get more value paying $15/1gb data for the 4G speed rather than the 3G speed I get from the data on the $15 plan's account.

If you were considering an upgrade you may find activating a new account on the $15 plan ( $15 + $10 plan=$25) Will give you the extra minutes/texts you need and some data ( 250mb) if you don't need to do a whole lot of outgoing calling. You will also double up on your autopay and loyalty rewards when you look at the whole plan cost. ( $25-$2 autopay=$23 vs $10+$15=$25-$4=$21)

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @BEER 

When replying, try using the @ symbol to select a specific user from a pulldown list to whom you wish to direct a reply. (it'll show who replied on the thread you're commenting on...)

It notifies them that they've been tagged so they know to look for your reply.

😉

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Your other thread. I have 3 $10 accounts. It's always been this way. How could you not know this after all this time.

Well I didn't - quite some time ago I  gave my old iPhone 5s on the $10 plan to my 93 year old now - mother-in-law and  I never gave it a second thought.  Perhaps you can also enlighten me - our $15 and $25 plans when on data show LTE - are they  throttled down to 3G -- and if yes why do the cheap $10 plans have faster data at 4G?

BEER

@softech wrote:

now i know it's not a problem of the OP, turn out it is issue with the Community this morning.    I think some of my replies are missed, or show up late.  Probably OP thought his question/reply wasn't posted and hence tried to re-post

Sorry - Yes my phone was hanging up each time Tried.

BEER

Sorry - My phone was hanging up each time Tried.

@BEER 

Yes its true. 

@computergeek541 

You and the other members of the oracle team are going to have your work cut out for you today with multiple repostings!

now i know it's not a problem of the OP, turn out it is issue with the Community this morning.    I think some of my replies are missed, or show up late.  Probably OP thought his question/reply wasn't posted and hence tried to re-post

@BEER 

Yes it's true, no matter how many times you post new threads about it.

🤣🤣🤣

BEER

Just got this advise  that the old $10 plan is  at 4G vs current $25 plans at 3G - is this true?  

Is this correct ???? If this is true then it's best to hold on to the $10 plans and just purchase top ups as required. Unless your camping in remote areas it's hard to be away from a WIFI source. I for one mostly use WIFI. I use data occasionally to google etc. but never to watch videos or GPS that eat up data.

BEER

Just got this advise that the old $10 plan is  at 4G vs current $25 plans at 3G - is this true?  As cut and pasted below -

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Your other thread. I have 3 $10 accounts. It's always been this way. How could you not know this after all this time.

BEER

Just got this advise as cut and pasted below -

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Need Help? Let's chat.