cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to get your old number back?

Chandell25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've recently changed locations from one province to the next and I was looking at my profile and changed my phone #, like 5 mins ago if that, not realizing until it was TOO LATE that this is going to be horrible getting in contact with companies/groups/healthcare/work/school/family members that phone me on a regular basis or have the previous # for important reasons to contact me. I f'd up wondering if anyine can help me fix it🙌

10 REPLIES 10

pierm015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you so much!

@pierm015 Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

pierm015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to get my old number back. that number is from Public mobile and currently not assigned to anyone else. Wonder who to contact for that?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are welcome @Chandell25 . And thanks for the warning 🍌

Chandell25

Thank you for clarifying that! I just private messaged the moderator in the link that was posted a few minutes ago :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
hopefully it can be sorted out! I didn't realize that it would be so difficult, I guess I  thought it was going to be an unused # I could get back! But I probably should have known that it would be complicated in all reality! 
PSA: don't make the same mistake I did! 🤦🏻‍♀️

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Recovering the old number back into the account is going to be tricky.  Provided that Telus 'owns' the number and it's sitting in quarantine, there's a chance of recovery.  In order to do that you would need to get a moderator to recover that number into a new account.  30 days later the number from that new account will have to be merged into the current account by way of porting out and in.  Very messy.  Anyway, I would start by asking the moderator team where that number is at the moment.

Note to everyone.  It's been a number of years that cell plans come universally with Canada wide calling.  The benefit of that is an area code agnostic approach to handling phone numbers.  Time to normalize the deviance.

Chandell25

Thank you!

Chandell25
Thank you!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only change your phone# once every thirty days.  You could try contacting a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right and ask if it would be possible to change your phone#.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Not good. Number is assigned back to carrier that you originally got it from.

You will have to contact moderators and see if there is anything they can do..but chances are slim

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.