cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pause a pre-paid 90 day plan for 40 days?

Globalize
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went through the forums but couldn't find anything, so I am asking it here 😃

My mom is traveling overseas next month for about 40 days, she is already on a 90 day plan (next renew date is May 5th). Is it possible to pause her plan for the duration that she is out of Canada? Thanks Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The advantage to having pre-paid (you get what you pay for) vs post-paid (option to hit pause).

doctorbe

Oops disregard my speculative advice above then 😉

Globalize

Thank you all for your replies, I had the same understanding as @NDesai prior to posting this. I just wanted to confirm my understanding. It is a shame that there isn't an option to pause the plan just for a tiny bit. 

skidoomaster
@Globalize @doctorbe @lampthis the lost phone function just deactivates the SIM card, however the service remains active and the days still count down. I tried to do this too. That is a feature they should definitely add!

doctorbe

In that case you'd be spending $5.00 for the new SIM compared to X dollars for the missed month or two...might still be worth it?  I dunno...

lampthis

I believe you would need a new sim card if you report the phone as lost or stolen.

doctorbe
There's an option on the website to pause your plan by reporting your phone lost or stolen. I've never tried it but wondered if it would have the same net effect. I don't know how you reactivate either.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM is prepaid service and this service is no available. But please think advantges of being on prepaid service.. no surprised charges, and you are getting what you have paid.

Cheers and keep enjoying PM 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, just turn off autopay. The account will remain suspended for 90 days. When she returns login to her account and reactivate it.

You cannot suspend it part way through 90 days and get credit for used time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
No, she cannot pause the plan. If she will not be back before renewal date, make sure to disable AutoPay so it doesn't renew.

Need Help? Let's chat.