cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it expected to see the account status as plan expired on the day of renewal?

Screenshot_20190207-205416__01.jpg

I can still make phone calls for now. 

Will my service be off tomorrow? 

I do have autopay turned on as well as enough credit on my account. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Is it expected to see the account status as plan expired on the day of renewal?

This is normal, and can happen from time to time. Your service should function normally tomorrow once it renews. 

Oracle

Re: Is it expected to see the account status as plan expired on the day of renewal?

As long as service is working don't worry. 

This is a good read. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

@lukealex121 wrote:

This is normal, and can happen from time to time. Your service should function normally tomorrow once it renews. 

true but not actually from time to time

This messages will show up before every renewal.

I haven’t noticed this happen to me every time, but maybe I don’t pay enough attention lol. 

Mayor / Maire

@lukealex121 wrote:

I haven’t noticed this happen to me every time, but maybe I don’t pay enough attention lol. 

Yeah, unless you check the day before renewal you will never see it. Like as been mentioned, if all is still working good don't worry about it. I never check the day of renewal, too many weird things happen that day! Man Surprised

Yes, this is totally normal as I see this on both my Public Mobile and Koodo prepaid accounts.  You will see this every month the day before your service renews. 

Mayor / Maire

@hzmy

Here's what I observed during part of a renewal:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended.

Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds.

Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working.

Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working. Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

I have also seen the rewards be converted at 00:00 ET. I have seen some mention sometime somewhere that the renewal actually happens around 6am ET.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@hzmy

Here's what I observed during part of a renewal:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended.

Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds.

Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working.

Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working. Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

I have also seen the rewards be converted at 00:00 ET. I have seen some mention sometime somewhere that the renewal actually happens around 6am ET.

Very good timeline....my only question is when do you sleep? Smiley LOL

Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

Very good timeline....my only question is when do you sleep? Smiley LOL

Jeez...cleaning up things is seeming different somehow.

Anyway...I'm out west so I can reasonably see 2am ET. I think I watched it all unfold once. It's not unlike paint drying.