cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it expected to see the account status as plan expired on the day of renewal?

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screenshot_20190207-205416__01.jpg

I can still make phone calls for now. 

Will my service be off tomorrow? 

I do have autopay turned on as well as enough credit on my account. 

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@RobertQc I never had this box in orange but I had plan Expired the renewal day......

Apparently you don't stay up to midnight 🙂

@hzmy: There you go. All settled down. Glad to hear it's all back to normal for you. Watching it all unfold also comes up with odd numbers here and there and then they disappear. It's quite the process.

Yes for future customers...don't touch anything and don't panic.

@RobertQc I never had this box in orange but I had plan Expired the renewal day......

hzmy

So after night, the plan looks normal now. 

Screenshot_20190208-074600__01.jpg

I believe this thread will provide a good example on how the plan changes over the day of renewal if someone has the same thing. 

Dankaroo

@mimmo wrote:

As long as service is working don't worry. 

This is a good read. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Very much a good read thanks @mimmo

Renewal = billing cycle

I would also like to add that the billing cycles are not monthly (on the same day) but are 30 or 90 days apart. This can cause different dates to be new billing cycle. Rewards on the other hand seem to occur on prechosen dates based the original date you signed up. Community rewards being the only possible exception.

For more info on rewards in particular I recommend opening a chat with Simon the supportbot and ask him "community?". His response will provide a learn more link that gives all the juicy details about the rewards system.

@hzmy wrote:

Now, it looks like....

Screenshot_20190208-032026__01.jpg

@hzmy"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on autopay"- I wonder if so many people don't read that part because it blends with in with the orange outline? They usually only see "Your account has been suspended" ?

Maybe instead of orange it should be in red?

Plan Expired, could say "Renewal attempt in progress", I bet that would cause less panic

hzmy

Now, it looks like....

Screenshot_20190208-032026__01.jpg

@SD08 wrote:

Yes, I refined it later a couple of times, but that was my very first version, which Luddite referenced in updating his Expired vs. Suspended post.  The following one is pretty close to the version I currently post when called for:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Account-status-Plan-Expired/m-p/173837#M13...

@SD08Cool. I hope somewhere, someone has used my words to help people as much as you have helped me help others.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

Very good timeline....my only question is when do you sleep? Smiley LOL

Jeez...cleaning up things is seeming different somehow.

Anyway...I'm out west so I can reasonably see 2am ET. I think I watched it all unfold once. It's not unlike paint drying.

Yes, I watched paint dry once, during my very first renewal 2 years ago:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Plan-renewed-successfully-and-smoothly/m-p/137778/highlight/true#M9287

Robot Indifferent

@SD08Very interesting, did you repost it later different? Or maybe someone reposted it different? Or maybe I changed? I can't keep track of what I got from where anymore. I have a similar quote but I don't remember where I got it from. Clearly you posted it first, that was before I was even at PM. I must have re-posted it 50 times so thanks for the great explanation it has helped many people.

Yours

1. Expiration of completed period. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Account shows "suspended."
3. In early hours, available funds used (if any), credit card charged (if necessary), plan renewed. Account shows "active."

What I have been posting

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:

1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

@RobertQc

Yes, I refined it later a couple of times, but that was my very first version, which Luddite referenced in updating his Expired vs. Suspended post.  The following one is pretty close to the version I currently post when called for:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Account-status-Plan-Expired/m-p/173837#M13322

@SD08 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

Anyway...I'm out west so I can reasonably see 2am ET. I think I watched it all unfold once. It's not unlike paint drying.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Plan-renewed-successfully-and-smoothly/m-p/137778/highlight/true#M9287

Robot Indifferent

@SD08Very interesting, did you repost it later different? Or maybe someone reposted it different? Or maybe I changed? I can't keep track of what I got from where anymore. I have a similar quote but I don't remember where I got it from. Clearly you posted it first, that was before I was even at PM. I must have re-posted it 50 EDIT 32 times so thanks for the great explanation it has helped many people.

Yours

1. Expiration of completed period. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Account shows "suspended."
3. In early hours, available funds used (if any), credit card charged (if necessary), plan renewed. Account shows "active."

What I have been posting

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:

1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

EDIT- the first time I posted this, was 08-01-2018 here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/AutoPay-activated-no-2-off/m-p/259361

I can see you modified it a bit more in 02-06-2018

@SD08 wrote:

1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" on payment due date.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment is not collected yet at this point.  Account will now show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In the early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), and plan will be renewed.  Account status will then show as "active."

SD08

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

Robot Indifferent

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@krazykiwiwtf is sleep?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

LOL, Alberta here, I forgot that it was ET.

Everything's ET around here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

LOL, Alberta here, I forgot that it was ET.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hzmy

Here's what I observed during part of a renewal:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended.

Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds.

Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working.

Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working. Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

I have also seen the rewards be converted at 00:00 ET. I have seen some mention sometime somewhere that the renewal actually happens around 6am ET.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hzmy

Here's what I observed during part of a renewal:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended.

Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds.

Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working.

Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working. Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

I have also seen the rewards be converted at 00:00 ET. I have seen some mention sometime somewhere that the renewal actually happens around 6am ET.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, this is totally normal as I see this on both my Public Mobile and Koodo prepaid accounts.  You will see this every month the day before your service renews. 

@lukealex121 wrote:

I haven’t noticed this happen to me every time, but maybe I don’t pay enough attention lol. 

Yeah, unless you check the day before renewal you will never see it. Like as been mentioned, if all is still working good don't worry about it. I never check the day of renewal, too many weird things happen that day! Man Surprised

lukealex121

I haven’t noticed this happen to me every time, but maybe I don’t pay enough attention lol. 

@lukealex121 wrote:

This is normal, and can happen from time to time. Your service should function normally tomorrow once it renews. 

true but not actually from time to time

This messages will show up before every renewal.

mimmo

As long as service is working don't worry. 

This is a good read. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

lukealex121

This is normal, and can happen from time to time. Your service should function normally tomorrow once it renews. 

Need Help? Let's chat.