cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is iMessage functional yet?

Maltesespace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As the title says, is iMessage functional under the new plans yet?

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sylvielegault wrote:

well the problem with IMSG it give you another format of phone number. i dont know if its the update of the carrier that did that,

@Sylvielegault you're replying to a thread that's been dormant for over 2.5 years.  I'm not sure if you're trying to help someone here or not, but I'm pretty sure they've resolved the issue by now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sylvielegault

well the problem with IMSG it give you another format of phone number. i dont know if its the update of the carrier that did that,

okoikoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read about how data/iMessage on iPhones cut out for a long time once you lose signal. I'm often in an underground concrete room so often there's no signal, will I have to restart my phone or something similar for iMessage to work again?

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey We made some changes to iPhone services and iMessage and facetime should work on all plans now which include Data and SMS(Canada wide and International). 

just finished testing iPhone service will be updating iPhone Update and APN settings shortly

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @chukdefatey, I just had data only plan in my iphone and both imessage and facetime work.  I did not subscribe any text plan.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maltesespace wrote:

As the title says, is iMessage functional under the new plans yet?

If you don't currently have imessage or face time working then the solution is to subscribe to Global Text Plan. Once you have the Global Text it will activate your imessage & face time Automatically by sending a blind text to a UK number. Once it's setup you can down grade to a Canadian text option or leave it on global.   I believe the difference is about $2 between the two, so that is something you have to decide. Remember global Texting also includes the US. 

FYI: 

vrance

Hi Just tried and it worked.  I can send the imessage over thru Public Mobile data (I have data only) to my wife Public Mobile iphone (she has call, text and data).

vrance

Hi I did not try imessage lately, but facetime many times over the data.  I will try one later today and let everyone know.

Maltesespace

Thanks so much!

imm1304

Just did a quick search and here is the post I am talking about:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Discussions/messag...

imm1304

Hey @Maltesespace

I don't own an iPhone but I do remember @vrance posted couple of weeks ago that it works for him.

Lets see if he can comment here to confirm again.  

Need Help? Let's chat.