cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is data blocked once reach GB limit?

Chuckyy2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I wanted to know if once I hit my maximum amount of data, does it automatically stop?
Or if I go over it, I will be charged per Mb over my limit?

If ever it doesn't stop, is there a way to block it once I reach my limit.

Thanks,

Chuck

10 REPLIES 10

RS27

The info I provided was not intended for false info.

Thank you for clearing that up.

@BearFBI wrote:

@RS27 wrote:

You can still use your data, it'll be extremely slow for the remainder of the month.

I don't get it. Why does everyone think PM have unlimited data all of the sudden ? This is the second time i heard this today. 

@BearFBI   I think people get confused between what the different carriers provide as both Lucky and Chatr both have reduced data available on all (maybe?) their plans.

BTW it took me a few minutes to work out that you've changed your username.....😊

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RS27 wrote:

You can still use your data, it'll be extremely slow for the remainder of the month.

I don't get it. Why does everyone think PM have unlimited data all of the sudden ? This is the second time i heard this today. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As @computergeek541 noted, @RS27 you have provided inaccurate information. Please do not spread false information.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RS27 wrote:

You can still use your data, it'll be extremely slow for the remainder of the month until the next billing date.

Please note that this information is not correct. Data will completely stop working when running out. There is no data slow down for unlimited usage at Public Mobile.

RS27

You can still use your data, it'll be extremely slow for the remainder of the month until the next billing date. If you want to track your data usage you can log into your self serve account. An easier option would be to set your limit on your phone if you have an android.

1. Go to data settings

2. Turn on your data

3. Select mobile data usage

4. Using the sliders adjust to when you want your data to cut when you reach your limit.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it stops...so you will never go over...and get a surprise bill.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chuckyy2 

PM does not have pay-per-use.  Therefore, you data will stop after you used all data from your plan.  

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you hit your data limit then it will stop.  You will get text messages with warnings when approaching your limit 75% and 95%.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Chuckyy2 wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to know if once I hit my maximum amount of data, does it automatically stop?
Or if I go over it, I will be charged per Mb over my limit?

If ever it doesn't stop, is there a way to block it once I reach my limit.

Thanks,

Chuck

Yes it automatically stops.

Public Mobile is prepaid, so you are never billed for overages.

Need Help? Let's chat.