cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Canada wide calling really Canada wide?

apper_on
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a confusing disclaimer on the Canada wide calling plan that reads: 

"Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

Is this a mistake because I thought Canada wide meant that there is no home province and you can call and recieve calls anywhere in Canada without additional charges. Is this an error ?

4 REPLIES 4

As from the earlier illustrations, you need to match the footnote numbers up with the conditions.  Since a Canada-wide plan would not have the corresponding footnoted number in the plan description, such a condition does not apply to that plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@apper_on it's confusing, but you'll notice there are no note numbers beside the Canada-wide calling on the left.  Hence, that point #2 does not apply to this plan.  

EDIT: a picture is worth a thousand words.  Notice no superscript "2" beside the Canada-wide calling:

OfferDetails.png

But if we look at a plan that has Pronvince-Wide talk, you'll see the "2" appears next to it, meaning that note applies to it:

OfferDetails_ProvWide.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apper_on, That sounds like the description for provincial calling plan.  The Canada wide plan lets you call to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada, and receive calls while you are anywhere in Canada..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@apper_on wrote:

There is a confusing disclaimer on the Canada wide calling plan that reads: 

"Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

Is this a mistake because I thought Canada wide meant that there is no home province and you can call and recieve calls anywhere in Canada without additional charges. Is this an error ?

That sounds like the description for province wide calling.  Canada wide you can make  calls within Canada and receive calls from anywhere without the need for any addons

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.