cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is $40 promo plan LTE?

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now that PM has differnet plan structures on data, I would like to know the $40 promo I have from last year has LTE data or just 3G.  My iPhone shows LTE so I assume I am on LTE when available.

10 REPLIES 10

ronster
@ShawnC13, @mimmo, I am at the spot in my office with a weak signal and I still got 7.5Mbps so I guess this confirmed LTE 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ronster, if you are ever in doubt you can get speedtest.net app and test out yoru data speeds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller I think you are incorrect.  The 3g service is actually LTE that is throttles at 2.5mbs  its not actually 3g. 

There was a loophole that if you switched your phone to 3g mode you could actually get faster than 2.5mbs speed. not sure if they fixed taht

Lol that's why I like pm forums help always on finger tips.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your phone display with switch if you are on 3G/lte/4G

mimmo

3 replies within a minute of each other.  Not bad service  )  Glad we could help.

ronster
Awesome guys. Thanks for all the quick responses.

mimmo

If your plan was LTE when you boght it you are still LTE now.  3g plans state in plan featres in 3g speed or something similar.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Your assumption is correct, my friend. Fall 2016 and FM port promo are grandfathered until stated otherwise.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
If it's last year. Its LTE
Need Help? Let's chat.