cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ireland?? Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the above 400 minutes which apparently doesn't include Republic of Ireland.

However due to family emergency I spontaneously called. To my surprise the call went through.  Does that mean I'm gonna be dinged extra (and expensive) or did the Free giveaway minutes work?

16 REPLIES 16

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

I have the above 400 minutes which apparently doesn't include Republic of Ireland.

However due to family emergency I spontaneously called. To my surprise the call went through.  Does that mean I'm gonna be dinged extra (and expensive) or did the Free giveaway minutes work?

UK does NOT include that Ireland. 

Also 

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

DE2677E8-439D-41B7-86EA-42F3FA84D1CB.jpeg

@rossputin 

Yes you have the 2019 International calling package that they gave away. Some reported during 2020 that they were able to successfully call some of the new International locations that were added to other newer International add-ons. So, have fun, you’re all set.

AE_Collector

rossputin

I don't consider myself a luddite but I'm having trouble navigating. Lol.  I've captured two screens.

Screenshot_20210128-155350.png

Pic 2

Screenshot_20210128-155547.png

Hi @rossputin 

Thanks for that pic.

I didn't actually mean the usage history, was hoping you might post a screenshot of your Data & Add-Ons to see the International Add-On details, again, it looks like this below (ignore yellow arrow in pic - irrelevant to current discussion thread):

HALIMACS_1-1611840084768.jpeg

@rossputin 

Indeed @AE_Collector  recollection is correct. When the new long distance rates, packages and additional countfies were announced testing revealed certain old add ons included countries that were previously unavailable to call for public mobile customers. It was probably easier to just have one add on with the ability to call all of the new countries then trying to keep them separate. The older version of that add on (400min vs 300/500min) just quietly got upgraded.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rossputin wrote:

@HALIMACS 

When I look up usage history this is what I see.

Screenshot_20210128-005224.jpg

No charge so I'm guessing okay.

There's no need to check for charges. Public Mobile doesn't charge for usage. If you have no add-on or plan that covers it, the usage doesn't work. If not included, you can't make the call. 

rossputin

@HALIMACS 

When I look up usage history this is what I see.

Screenshot_20210128-005224.jpg

No charge so I'm guessing okay.

When the LD plans were changed last year there were several reports that the 2019 International plan was allowing calls to some of the new international locations added in 2020. The description of the 2019 400 minute gift plan and the 2020 500 minute gift plan were the same but who knows if it really is identical. If it works... it works so enjoy it! If you use that 400 minutes up and/or you suddenly can not call Ireland and need to you can buy the current International plan which states it covers Ireland so it will work if needed (or they will fix it).

AE_Collector

Did your calls to Ireland show up in the minutes used under that category, @rossputin ?

dlambro

Go to your main page, then to to Plan and Add-Ons at the top right, then go to My Add Ons in the middle of the page.  You will see your add-ons listed there, 

Note near the bottom of the add-on page: 

Countries included in $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

rossputin

Hi,

These were given in Dec 2019.

rossputin

Thanks.

I'm having trouble finding that screen. Have patience to tell me how to navigate there?

Hi @Triguy  & @Anonymous 

I wonder if the we're all referring to the same set of Holiday promotions? 

OP referenced a "400 min" one, the one recently provided was a "500 minute" one and Triguy references a "300" minute one, but are you referring to a calling add-on?

The "400" minute bonus from December 2019 and the "500" minute bonus from December 2020 was said to cover Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

If OP has some other free International minute promos over the past few Holiday periods, it'll be interesting which one the OP's call to Ireland was counted towards.

Who knows, it may also be that they DO have an International calling add-on which DOES include Ireland.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Must be a glitch.  The 300 international minutes includes Ireland.

300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rossputin 

Further to what @Anonymous provided, that's the joy of pre-paid, there are NO OVERAGES so you can't "accidentally" use more data or minutes than the plan is allotted for.

To check to see if your call to Ireland was taken from the Holiday minutes, look here on your self-serve.   I'm guessing it was  (ignore the big yellow arrow - that's for something else...)

HALIMACS_0-1611764888676.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : No extra charges around here. But there are funny things that go on. Best to just enjoy it while it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.