cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intl Long Distance Add-On

cathysands6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have purchased the "400 min Intl Long Distance" add-on, but whenever I try to make an international call, an automated message says that I do not have the proper talk plan.

4 REPLIES 4

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From the three possible scenarios I think @srlawren is right.

Public Mobile needs to implement an error message when trying to buy and add on if there is no talk plan. We have had this misunderstanding a few hundred times now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cathysands6 there is another possible issue here:

Please note that your plan must contain a talk component in order to use the long distance minutes add-ons.  These are only a supplement to either unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited Canada-wide talk, unlimted Canada+USA-wide talk, or the 50 mins of Canada-wide talk available in the $10 plan.  These cannot be used as a substitute for choosing "no talk" in your plan selection.  If that's what you were trying to do, this is why you are hearing the mesage that you do not have a talk plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The add-on purchasing process can be rather tricky.  It is a 2 step process.  Go into the self serve and make sure that the long distance minutes are showing in the overview page.  As already mentioned, the long distance minutes are only good for calling the 18 countries listed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cathysands6 wrote:

I have purchased the "400 min Intl Long Distance" add-on, but whenever I try to make an international call, an automated message says that I do not have the proper talk plan.

Is the country you are calling in the list of 18 countries that are supported with this addon?

LD Countries.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.