cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet plan

Asif634
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any plan more based on internet? Because we international student don't use talk time and texting that much but all we use is data. So if there is any plan targeting this consumers that would be good.

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Asif634 wrote:

Is there any plan more based on internet? Because we international student don't use talk time and texting that much but all we use is data. So if there is any plan targeting this consumers that would be good.

@Asif634  Best to look at Amazon for prepaid data sim cards or shop around for a tablet plan  that you might take advantage as they offer a lot more data for less.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Asif634 You never said the amount of data needed. Good depends on price you want to pay and amount you'll use.

@Asif634 look at Telus. I believe they currently have a 20 gig with unlimited throttled data plan for $85. Stay safe. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is only one data-only plan at PM, the $30 for 1 GB LTE plan. However, it would make more sense to purchase a plan with lots of data (like the $40 or $50 plans) or go to a carrier like Fido to see if you can get a $15 for 4 GB tablet plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Asif634 

Data only plans are pretty much gone here.

I'm not sure if they will be coming back.

How much data do you need?

You can get some cheaper data like through fongo, but it will be on Rogers network and you won't be able to use sms unless you pay (I believe $10 for 6 months) and ask fongo calls and texts will be using your data allowance.

The best I've ever seen here was 12.5 gigs for $60 when it comes to larger data.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Highest plan is $50 for 8 gigs.. 500 mb bonus if you add autopay for a total of 8.5 gigs.

Afterwards it's $15 per 1 gig add-on.

Only internet plan is 1 gig of LTE for $30 per 30 days.

If data is what you need you may have to look into another provider for additional data plans but that's also at a higher price. Unfortunately Public Mobile does not offer anything else.

Why not look into home internet so you could use Wi-Fi?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There is only one Data only plan and it is only 1 GB for $30.  You would be better off to get the 8GB of data for $50

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.