cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texts not going out, incoming works fine

merenze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, after I switched over from my old $33 plan to the $25 I can't send out international texts anymore. Same sending phone & number, same recipient phone & number, messages come in just fine and my phone thinks it's getting the messages out but the recipient is not receiving them. No apps or nothing involved, just plain old text messages. How do I get this fixed?

5 REPLIES 5

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh, I lived in Finland for 1 year haha! 😄 I miss Finland now 😄 

@merenze wrote:

I'm trying to text Finland. Entering the number manually seems to have no effect.

@merenze  Put your phone in airplane mode for 15 minutes turn it back and try sending the text again. If it still doesn't work then:

1. Make sure the number is correct maybe your friend changed numbers or their service is down
  2. Can you try sending an International text to another number? If it works then #1 is the issue.
  3. If it still a problem then submit a ticket to PM maybe they need to reset your account or in some cases a new sim will be required. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

merenze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to text Finland. Entering the number manually seems to have no effect.

You probably done so, but have you rebooted your phone?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@merenze wrote:

So, after I switched over from my old $33 plan to the $25 I can't send out international texts anymore. Same sending phone & number, same recipient phone & number, messages come in just fine and my phone thinks it's getting the messages out but the recipient is not receiving them. No apps or nothing involved, just plain old text messages. How do I get this fixed?

Try entering the number manually. Manually type in the recipient number on your texting app.

Which country are you trying to text?

Use "011" + country code + 10-digit phone number (including area code)

Btw are you able to text to a local Canadian number?

All the current PM plans (that having texting) include International texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.