cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting

Wowdatguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I just got my sim today and picked the 50$ plan that includes international texting I tried to text my gf who is in the states and apparently she didn’t get my text why would this be???

14 REPLIES 14

@Wowdatguy 

You know the $50 plan includes unlimited calling from Canada to the US. You could call her and troubleshoot over the phone.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

disable 'chat features' in messenger and try text her again.

by the way all plans on public mobile have international text... it's not just the $50 plan. 

@Wowdatguy 

Does your gf have a US phone number or a Canadian one? Do have the correct number? Have her text you and reply to it. Are you sending regular SMS texts or picture MMS texts?

@Wowdatguy  can you try texting some other US numbers?  (or ask your gf in US to give you couple of her  other friends number in US to try)  You would like to try couple more to see if it as isolated to her only or any US number with all other US providers as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wowdatguy : Please answer more of the questions posed. We ask questions to narrow down the scope of what next to ask. Not just for fun.

@Wowdatguy wrote:

Yes I can. But not to her for some reason I am in fact in Canada and I did in fact purchase the 50$ international text plan but still can’t text her 

@Wowdatguy maybe the issue is on her end.

Is she a iphone user?

Ensure she has imessage, SMS, and MMS enabled.

Is she on a plan that she can accept international texts?

Can she have someone else try and text her to see if she gets it?

Wowdatguy

Yes I can. But not to her for some reason I am in fact in Canada and I did in fact purchase the 50$ international text plan but still can’t text her 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wowdatguy : What kind of phone? Does her plan allow international receiving? Are you including a 1 in front of her number? Does she have an iphone? Is she using a texting app or is she expecting to receive something on that messaging app?

@Wowdatguy wrote:

No I’ve been using messenger to talk to her not phones I just recently got a plan that could do international texting

@Wowdatguy 

All Public Mobile in market plans do have Unlimited International texting sending/receiving YES.

So you should be able to text her in the USA.

Can you send texts to other people?

Wowdatguy

No I’ve been using messenger to talk to her not phones I just recently got a plan that could do international texting

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Wowdatguy wrote:

Hey I just got my sim today and picked the 50$ plan that includes international texting I tried to text my gf who is in the states and apparently she didn’t get my text why would this be???

@Wowdatguy 

Is someone else able to test if they can text to her?

Is she able to text you?

Can you send and receive texts within Canada without issue?

Try a RESET of your NETWORK Settings.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Wowdatguy 

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1.   Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.   Presumably, this applies to SMS as well (can't be sure, just throwing it out there...)

2.   Check to ensure chat settings are not preventing sending as SMS:

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options. 

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings: 

1. tap the Settings app,
  2. tap Messages,
  3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wowdatguy : What phone are you on and is it the same you had before you got here? What phone is she on and did she used to get texts from you from before? Are you using the same number? And are you putting the 1 in front?

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.