cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does "international texting and picture messaging" mean that we do not pay extra if we text any international phone number from Canada, or does it also mean that if we are travelling outside of Canada (e.g. the USA), we can also text and it does not cost extra?

7 REPLIES 7

@helenhelen wrote:

also, is it not possible to not do the add-on and just send single texts? In case I only have like 1-2 texts I need to send and don't need the full add on package..?

Not possible to just send 1-2 texts without a package. 

However, able to receive texts while in the USA  for free without a 10 day roaming package. 

No other international country roaming packages unfortunately....

@helenhelen  you can add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. Stay safe. 

@helenhelen wrote:

So when I am in the US, I also cannot text Canadian numbers, is that right?

@helenhelen   You will be able to receive incoming texts whilst in the US without the roaming add-on, however, you will not be able to send out any text messages without purchasing one of the US roaming add-ons which are good for 10 days only, so make sure to only buy that add-on just before you leave as the clock starts immediately upon purchase. 

If you going for a longer period than 10 days, then you should look into purchasing a local SIM as that might be a cheaper option for you whenever the travel restrictions are lifted.

@helenhelen wrote:

Correctamundo. You'd need a 10 Day US text add-on in order to use any text functionality. (I've heard you can sometimes receive texts while in US, but it's never done so for me).

Also, you can get a free voip app like TextNow for use anywhere as long as you have wifi...which is everywhere now.

helenhelen

also, is it not possible to not do the add-on and just send single texts? In case I only have like 1-2 texts I need to send and don't need the full add on package..?

helenhelen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@helenhelen wrote:

Does "international texting and picture messaging" mean that we do not pay extra if we text any international phone number from Canada, or does it also mean that if we are travelling outside of Canada (e.g. the USA), we can also text and it does not cost extra?

As long as you send the texts while you're in Canada...they're part of your plan for no additional cost.

The only texting you can do while outside of Canada is with a 10 Day US Texting/Talk/Data add-on.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.