cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting

Bweiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We live in BC.  My plan says "international texting"  does this mean we can text from Hawaii?

7 REPLIES 7

Biller007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was the case with me.  I was in Niagra Falls and was still getting access to a Canadian tower, my entire plan continued to work as normal.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

Actually, you will be able to receive texts in the USA without add on.  Unable to send texts or call in or out without 10 day roaming package.  

I'm sure its unofficial but I have received calls without a roaming add-on on two different occassions in the states in 2019.

Unofficially can I ask how close to the border?  I wonder if you connected to a Canadian tower as we took two phones down and only one roaming and the second phone didn't have service when we were out

Unofficially 🙂 , Hawaii and Arizona. I even somehow got a little data but then I couldn't reproduce it.

Nice I will have to pay more attention next time and definitely no Canadian tower around those places lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

Actually, you will be able to receive texts in the USA without add on.  Unable to send texts or call in or out without 10 day roaming package.  

I'm sure its unofficial but I have received calls without a roaming add-on on two different occassions in the states in 2019.

Unofficially can I ask how close to the border?  I wonder if you connected to a Canadian tower as we took two phones down and only one roaming and the second phone didn't have service when we were out

Unofficially 🙂 , Hawaii and Arizona. I even somehow got a little data but then I couldn't reproduce it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

@Bweiss 

Here are the different 10 day US roaming packages:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Here is the help article on US roaming:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bweiss wrote:

We live in BC.  My plan says "international texting"  does this mean we can text from Hawaii?

No, it means you can text internationally when you are in Canada.  Anything in the US you would need to purchase a roaming package and they come in 10-day durations.

Need Help? Let's chat.