cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: International texting to Russia does not work

@LurganIeUk I had a friend who also just switched from Rogers to Public Mobile try texting my relatives. They did not receive his message.

@dabr I tried toggling the service off and on but unfortunately it did not yield any result.  

I asked friends with other carriers (Rogers, Bell, and Fido) to try texting my relatives, and all their messages were delivered successfully. I do not know anyone with Telus but it would be an interesting test because I heard Public Mobile uses Telus' backend, so maybe this problem would also exist with Telus. 
I also had my relatives confirm with their local carriers that they do not have any blocks or restrictions of any kinds of their accounts and they should be able to receive all messages.

I ended up contacting the mods about this.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa wrote:

@LurganIeUk I had a friend who also just switched from Rogers to Public Mobile try texting my relatives. They did not receive his message.

@dabr I tried toggling the service off and on but unfortunately it did not yield any result.  

I asked friends with other carriers (Rogers, Bell, and Fido) to try texting my relatives, and all their messages were delivered successfully. I do not know anyone with Telus but it would be an interesting test because I heard Public Mobile uses Telus' backend, so maybe this problem would also exist with Telus. 
I also had my relatives confirm with their local carriers that they do not have any blocks or restrictions of any kinds of their accounts and they should be able to receive all messages.

I ended up contacting the mods about this.

@irinaa   Thanks for updating us and sorry to hear non of the suggestions helped.  Hopefully, you'll get it resolved by the moderators soon. 

Please let us know why you weren't able to send texts to Russia if moderators give you an update as to what the issue is/was.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa 👏 you have fantastic trouble shooting skills!!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At long last, this issue is resolved - as in my dad is leaving his carrier (Megafon) because the issue is on their side.

This problem is caused by Megafon's inability to properly communicate with Syniverse, a hub that carriers use to communicate with one another. Megafon admitted that they have a "technical issue" but they are unable (or unwilling) to resolve it. This was revealed a month ago and they stopped commutating after that. Considering that in Russia carriers are cheap and extremely competitive, my dad will be switching to another carrier that supports Syniverse. We already tested with Beeline and MTS, and both receive my SMS without any issues.

That's my quick update! 

Need Help? Let's chat.