cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

International texting to Russia does not work

I moved from Rogers to Public Mobile last week, and since then my relatives in Russia no longer receive texts from me. I am on the 25$ plan which says it is supposed to include unlimited international texting. Do I need to do anything to activate that?

I have a Samsung S9 and it's on Android 10. I have tried using the default Samsung's messaging app as well as Android Messages. 
When I send a message to a Russian number, it looks normal on my side (says Delivered) but they don't receive any texts from me. This has never happened before when I was with Bell or Rogers.

Any thoughts on what may be going on here?

EDIT: forgot to say that I can receive message from them. We tested with multiple numbers from different carriers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: International texting to Russia does not work

@irinaa I assume you are using the correct exit code 011 7 or +7. Stay safe. 

Highlighted

@gblackma yes, I am. I am using the same numbers (start with +7) that I've always been.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa Try restarting your phone and sending an sms message to eliminate if its the size of the message. Ask them to send you an sms and mms message. Report if this works or fails. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Might be a problem on the receiving end. Make sure that they haven't somehow Blocked your texts.

Highlighted

@gblackma Both them and I tried restarting,. Unfortunately no success. I've tried sending both SMS and MMS (even trying having Data enabled) and they did not receive anything.
They only tried sending me SMS because their plan does not support MMS. I receive their messages no problem. 
We also tried both in English and Cyrillic just to make sure it's not the alphabet that is causing the issues.

Highlighted

@hairbag1 it is possible, they are investigating with their local carrier too. 
However, they were able to receive messages from me when I was with Rogers and Bell before.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@irinaa wrote:

@hairbag1 it is possible, they are investigating with their local carrier too. 
However, they were able to receive messages from me when I was with Rogers and Bell before.

When you came over here, did you get a new number or did you transfer your old number over too?

Highlighted

@z10user4 I moved to Canada many years ago and I got a new number here. I was originally  with Bell, then I moved to Rogers, then now to Public Mobile.

Highlighted

@z10user4 wait, you are probably asking about here as in Public Mobile! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I transferred my old number from Rogers 

Need Help? Let's chat.