cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting plan not working

Jaidenkristin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a $20 texting plan, I can send text messages but I can’t seem to receive them.

11 REPLIES 11

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

I restarted it and got someone to send me a text and I still haven’t received it. My messages will send fine I just won’t receive any responses 

Are you still stuck? If yes, and you use an iPhone the correct settings are:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessages ON; Send as SMS ON; MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone number and Apple email address id

If your phone number is not showing, turn Messgaes OFF then ON after a few minutes.

For MMS to function cellular data and roaming must be ON.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jaidenkristin

I restarted it and got someone to send me a text and I still haven’t received it. My messages will send fine I just won’t receive any responses 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

My screenshot doesn’t show up in my reply on my phone so I don’t know how to do that

Well it's ok for now you got it off.

So how'd the restart go?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@ShawnC13I was wrong about this too thanks to @Anonymous explaining this can be done in the plan builder. Seems awefully expensive but at least there is an option for ONLY TEXT.

Truth be told, I thought the same thing then went to BYO to see if it was possible to select only texting.

Jaidenkristin

My screenshot doesn’t show up in my reply on my phone so I don’t know how to do that

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. I see I got a Bravo.

This was originally the suggestion to remove private info. The OP did.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

I just purchased a $20 texting plan, I can send text messages but I can’t seem to receive them.

I see a $20 unlimited talk plan and at $25 talk and text plan.  If you paid $20 are you sure you have texting?  As well did you port your number in from a previous provider?  If so and you are able to send texts but not receive them your port could be stuck. 

@ShawnC13I was wrong about this too thanks to @Anonymous explaining this can be done in the plan builder. Seems awefully expensive but at least there is an option for ONLY TEXT.

Jaidenkristin

I am new, I did not port a number. I will also try restarting my phone.

i built my own plan and here is a screenshot

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

I see a $20 unlimited talk plan and at $25 talk and text plan.  If you paid $20 are you sure you have texting?  As well did you port your number in from a previous provider?  If so and you are able to send texts but not receive them your port could be stuck. 

Edit to add sorry saw the build your own plan pricing as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of your self serve?

I don't see a $20 texting plan available to purchase

$20 = Unlimited talk (no text no data)

or $20 = Data (no talk no text)

There is a way to get there with the BYO.

OP: Did you restart the phone?

Are you new here? Did you port in a number?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaidenkristin wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of your self serve?

I don't see a $20 texting plan available to purchase

$20 = Unlimited talk (no text no data)

or $20 = Data (no talk no text)

I see texting plans for $10 and $25 but nothing for $20. How did you get this offer?

Thanks @Anonymous. I see the texting plan is available from the plan builder. No calls. No Data. Only text $20.

Need Help? Let's chat.