cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting country list

bunbun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I was wondering, where can I find a list of all countries that are covered under my international texting plan?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@bunbun you should have asked for list. 

According to this post on mobileincanada they mention a list. So there must be one somewhere.

https://www.mobileincanada.com/news-1198-en-PubliPakistanc-Mobile-including-unlimited-international-...

"Included among the lengthy list are Italy, Russia, , Mexico, and many more."

I disagree. Especially that that does not look like any kind of official announcement. If there was something here then maybe. And while we can take moderator responses with a modicum of salt...I agree with the moderator.

I also don't think it's up to Public Mobile to keep track of which countries and providers don't welcome texts from here. Politics and corporate policies are fluid.

@bunbun you should have asked for list. 

According to this post on mobileincanada they mention a list. So there must be one somewhere.

https://www.mobileincanada.com/news-1198-en-PubliPakistanc-Mobile-including-unlimited-international-...

"Included among the lengthy list are Italy, Russia, , Mexico, and many more."

bunbun

I contacted the moderator team, and they replied with a reasonable answer, which was as as mentioned by a couple people; they will always start to send the message out, but if it can't actually be received, it's just out of their hands at that point, nothing more to do on this end.
Posting this so that in the future when this exact kind of question comes up again, anyone can search and find this posted, public, and recent official answer!

Spoiler

"Hello there! Thank you for contacting us!

Regarding the international text messages, you can text from Canada to any country in the World.

From our towers the text messages are delivered but if a text message does not go through to a specific location, it also depends on the provider from that country, if they can accept the text messages but we are able to send to any destination.

Kindly,

Razvan, PM moderator"

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoyLuck 

That datestamp didn't say 2020.

I was wondering if that was correct or not. This is what was returned in my search:

date.jpg

This article has incorrect information.  First off, every Public Mobile plan offered for years that includes text messaging has had global texting. There was no choice. It either had global texting or no texting. In addition, the article doesn't say which $40 plan.

There was also no annoucement about this during the past January.  Also, I would say that those who still have very old plans that did only include Canada/US text messaging are still stuck on that. I do not recall any of those customers being upgraded for free.

I also do not understand why this website is emphasizing some list of 190 countries.  That's almost every country. The article makes it sound as if there's some type of restriction limiting the use of text messaging when there isn't.  In addition, there is an intermediary company that handles the delivery of text messaging between different carriers. For text messages to get delivered, the two participating carriers and the intermediary must have agreements and co-operate with each other. This means that inability to send a text message to someone is more likely due to the carriers involved rather than the country.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoyLuck 

I was wondering if that was correct or not. This is what was returned in my search:

The thing is, this place has said "international" for as long as I've been here. It doesn't say any limitations.

Edit: @bunbun : it's not Public Mobile's limitation if a country or carrier won't allow or pass-on texts from wherever. There could be some closed countries in your 220 or the carrier or plan doesn't allow inbound texts from wherever.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoyLuck 

date.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck 

@bunbun wrote:

The problem is, I'm trying to test world wide texting compatibility, and while sending out test texts, I keep getting failures while sending to certain country codes, so some are most certainly not included. I'm currently faced with going over them all one at a time by myself (rather then letting my app try to do it automatically), and I wanted to save myself a few hours of work, if there is an actual already published list by Public Mobile or Telus or one that the community has put together.

You may want to contact a moderator to see if they can assist you with a list they maybe able to generate.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

bunbun

Yeah the problem is they only name dropped four of them, before defaulting to "and many moooore", I'm wondering if they have a reliable source.

bunbun

The problem is, I'm trying to test world wide texting compatibility, and while sending out test texts, I keep getting failures while sending to certain country codes, so some are most certainly not included. I'm currently faced with going over them all one at a time by myself (rather then letting my app try to do it automatically), and I wanted to save myself a few hours of work, if there is an actual already published list by Public Mobile or Telus or one that the community has put together.

@bunbun 

There are several promotional ads out there doing a quick google search referencing the 190 countries.

Eg. Jan 10, 2020

https://www.mobileincanada.com/news-1198-en-Public-Mobile-including-unlimited-international-text-mes...

Public Mobile has recently announced that as of July 15th, they will be adding unlimited international text messaging to their $40 unlimited talk and text price plan. While the new offer won't cover every country in the world, users will be able to send text messages to 190 countries, without worrying about pay-per-use charges or overages. Included among the lengthy list are Italy, Russia, Pakistan, Mexico, and many more. This new feature will be automatically added to accounts that currently have the $40 price plan applied, as well as for new customers selecting that pricing option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bunbun wrote:

I saw a promotional review for Public Mobile said that you can text 190 countries, but I can count at least 220, so I want to know which of those isn't included?

Where did you see this mention? Countries are not static. They can change.

No need to over-analyze. Just think that you can text to anywhere that is connected to the world-wide telephone system and that will receive a text.

bunbun

I saw a promotional review for Public Mobile said that you can text 190 countries, but I can count at least 220, so I want to know which of those isn't included?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bunbun 

Good question.  I don't think there is any list.  As long as there is a country code for that number, it will go through.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I don't think there is any list for texting.  I think you can text to all countries.  Only certain countries can be called using the international calling add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.