cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeester
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: International texting confusion?

Hello!

Sorry to revive an old thread, I just needed to confirm: if I have International Text on my plan, that means that I'm able to receive texts coming from outside Canada, right?

Thanks!!

@zeester wrote:

Hello!

Sorry to revive an old thread, I just needed to confirm: if I have International Text on my plan, that means that I'm able to receive texts coming from outside Canada, right?

Thanks!!

You can receive a text message sent from anywhere but only while you are in Canada connected to the Telus network.

NB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have the PM international unlimited texting option and am inside Canada. But my sent international texts are not received and I do not receive international text sent to me. My international texts worked normally when I was with Bell.  PM texting works normally with Canadian numbers. Any ideas?

@NB wrote:

Hi, I have the PM international unlimited texting option and am inside Canada. But my sent international texts are not received and I do not receive international text sent to me. My international texts worked normally when I was with Bell.  PM texting works normally with Canadian numbers. Any ideas?

I've always found international text messaging to be a crap-shoot, no matter which carrier I'm using.  Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't, I would say of an unscientific success rate of only about 50% (maybe not that bad but noctoriously unreliable).  The difficulties likelly lie with getting the 2 carriers involved to co-operate with each other.

Need Help? Let's chat.