cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International talk add-on

aniaiwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to purchase 400 min/$15 International calls add-on. It looks like my plan does not allow for it. I'm on $40 plan: 4,5GB; unlimited Canada wide talk; unlimited international text (including some European countries). How can I purchase that add-on that would allow me to talk with the approved European countries? 

9 REPLIES 9

@Rehat The long distance add-on is only for making calls while you are in Canada.  PM only offers roaming in the US.  You could either purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow or Skype.

Rehat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone

I have question, Can I purchase "300 International Long Distance Minutes" , I need to receive calls only and I m currently not in Canada or USA. Is there any plan or add-on can be helpful for my case? I need to have text and call to receive,

My current plan includes: 

• - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Thanks  for answers

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@aniaiwa wrote:

I would like to purchase 400 min/$15 International calls add-on. It looks like my plan does not allow for it. I'm on $40 plan: 4,5GB; unlimited Canada wide talk; unlimited international text (including some European countries). How can I purchase that add-on that would allow me to talk with the approved European countries? 

This is done inside your self serve account.  Check to see if contries you want to call are included because no refund if make a purchase by mistake. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The add on doesnt use auto pay

So you need to make sure you have enough money in your account for your current plan

Then you need to pay for the add on seperately

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aniaiwa wrote:

@aniaiwa Definitely. The international calls add-on ($15 only) not expired unless you stop using PM or you use up all fund. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aniaiwa 

Please note that the 400 intenation long distance minutes add on allows you to call the following country only:  Make sure that the countries that you want to call are included.

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Buying add-on is a two step process.  First add the fund($15) to your account.  Then, you can use the available fund($15) in your account to purchase the 400 minutes add-on.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aniaiwa 

Your plan has talk, so you should be able to purchase $15, but it includes long distance only the following countries:

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

If you want to call any European countries not on the above list, you cannot with Public Mobile.  

You could buy a long distance card.

To purchase add on, follow these instructions:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@aniaiwa wrote:

You can follow the steps here to purchase add-on:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@aniaiwa  You have to have the funds to cover the cost of the addon in your account before you try to buy it, it won't use autopay. If you're getting error messages, try using the Chrome browser in incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.