cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International incoming calls

Khali39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have recently joined the public mobile family. My plan includes 100 minutes outgoing Canada wide calls and unlimited incoming calls. 
however, my children from USA are not able to call me as they say their call does not go through. 

I appreciate it you can help me with this!

Many thanks,

16 REPLIES 16

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Khali39 If you and your children are using smart phone, you can have an APP called "TextNow". You can download this app and use it to call or text any number in North America for FREE. As long as you have wifi or data, you can use this. I will only use it when having wifi. Hope you get connect to your children soon!

Khali39

That might be the case! I will ask them to contact their providers.

thanks a lot, I will ask for your help if it does not get fixed.

Best 

@Khali39  It's possible that because your area code is less than 1 year old that your children's providers have not updated their acceptable area codes. They should inquire with their providers.

*ninja'd

@Khali39 wrote:

Thank u for your answers, 

They have tried it manually dialling and adding 1 as well. They are able to make calls also to Canada but when they call my number, the message is that the call can’t be completed.

the area code of my number is 672 and I m not sure if that affects it!

Thanks for your help!

That's a fairly new area code in BC... perhaps the childrens phone company haven't recognized it yet. They should call their service provider and see if that's the case.

@Khali39 wrote:

They have tried it manually dialling and adding 1 as well. They are able to make calls also to Canada but when they call my number, the message is that the call can’t be completed.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have their number blocked somehow. Can anyone else in the US reach you using a different phone? 

@Khali39  Can you recieve local calls or calls placed from within Canada?

Khali39

Thanks for your help!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Khali39 Make sure you gave your children the correct number. Ask them to dial it manually to see if it goes through.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Khali39  do you have WiFi?  I'm on the $15 plan too.  To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

@Naepalm @gblackma No need for moderator contact yet. Incoming long distance calls are not restricted on $15 plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Khali39 

Your $15 should be able to receive any call from any part of the world. 

The caller pays the long distance charge.  

Is your children in USA has a plan which including calling from USA to Canada?

@hairbag1 

children plan???

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Khali39 wrote:

Hi,

I have recently joined the public mobile family. My plan includes 100 minutes outgoing Canada wide calls and unlimited incoming calls. 
however, my children from USA are not able to call me as they say their call does not go through. 

Many thanks,

Are we sure the children's plan includes calling to Canada ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to receive call from anywhere in the world @Khali39 is everything else working properly, can you receive calls and texts, did you port your number?  Thanks. 

It's either you ported and the port is stuck or you SIM didn't provision properly.  In both cases contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Khali39 wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks,

Looking at international calls it does not talk much about incoming calls,

But there should be no reason why you are not able to receive calls. You may need to open a ticket with the MOD's for this one. 

Loko here for help SIMon

Canada Long Distance Add-Ons

You can add 200 minutes of U.S. & Canada Long Distance to your plan, or 400 minutes of International Long Distance to your plan, depending on who you want to call. Note that you will need to have talk included in your plan to use these Add-Ons.International minutes are supported for calls to the following countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.If you have a problem calling an international number, ensure the following:

• You are using the correct dialing pattern: Exit Code + Country Code + Area Code + Phone Number.
  • You have Long Distance minutes remaining on your plan. Check by signing into your Self-Serve account.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Are they dialing with a 1 in front?

To call Canada from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
  1. Dial 1, the country code for Canada,
  2. then the area code (3 digits)
  3. and finally the phone number (7 digits).
Need Help? Let's chat.