cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

CharChar_xxo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I have purchased 400 international calls add on so that I can call my family who are in the uk. When I try and call it says number has been blocked for security reasons. Does anyone know what this means and how I can sort it out ?

5 REPLIES 5

@JoyLuck wrote:

Have a look at this article?

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/blocked-for-security-reasons-7793185

So basically, Telus has likely blocked calls to certain UK numbers in response to some fraud/scam calls in the past. I would open a request with the moderators and tell them the number you are trying to reach. If they blocked a range of numbers, maybe the number you are dialing just happened to be in a similar range.

Hopefully they the mods 'unblock' that number on the back-end so your call can get through.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CharChar_xxo wrote:

Hi I have purchased 400 international calls add on so that I can call my family who are in the uk. When I try and call it says number has been blocked for security reasons. Does anyone know what this means and how I can sort it out ?

@CharChar_xxo  That sounds like it's coming from the person you are trying to call. If you can send them an email or text notifying of any potential blocks that they may have setup from their end and ask them to white list you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@CharChar_xxo  I have never heard about that one. Try restarting your phone.  Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Then try your number again. Check it carefully to make sure it's correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.