cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling add on

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Does the international calling add on of $15 include calls from Canada to the States? I am hoping to be able to call anywhere with this add on. I am from Canada.  Thanks.

Also: I keep being bumped out of actually buying this add on. (I have money in my account)... I will try again in a bit. The last two times it just told me to re-login.... Which I already was. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@will13am wrote:

This thing with helping customers save money on long distance minutes by having separate country specific add-ons may have caused complications and potentially greater expense.  It is used to be that the more expensive add-on could be used in place of the less expensive one.  Now, we are required to carry more add-ons and tie up more funds.  It it hard to say what is a better system.  

I think you know my opinion about this. There should only be one long distance add-on with a set monetary amount.  Different amounts fromt he $15 can be deducted with some calling destinations usings more of some type of credit system up than others. I understand that Public Mobile might not want to say a call costs $0.03/minutes, but it could be advertised as $15 for 1500 Canadian minutes, 1000 minutes to the U.S., 300 minutes to more expensive calling destinations, etc.  The problem with that could be confusion, but I don't see it as any worse than having multiple add-ons requiring people to purchase multiple add-ons to call different places, spend more up front funds, and possibly purchase the wrong add-on by mistake.

@jadedetrey 

Sometimes we get freebies in the summer too....but yes its advisable to check into the community in December to find out if they offer up free gifts. Then you usually have to log into your account and add them like you did today but there is $0 payment to submit. I would check in once a month anyhow just to see what's happening here.....it is your community and no self-isolating required from us!😉

jadedetrey

Thank you. This all helps. And yes I already have unlimited calling within canada and free texting to the States... Probably yes go for that $15 for 1000 US minutes when I need it. Thanks again for your help.

Jade

P.s.  those holiday freebies I guess are just at Christmas? 

@jadedetrey 

Now that you have been able to add the international add on successfully ( and my previous message just disappeared.....what the?) The following "more the merrier "free gifts from pm do include long distance calling across Canada and to the US. However unless one cannot use them the $5/500 min Canada-wide calling add on is a much better option as is the $15/1000min US calling add on from an economic sense.

Edit: The system does know to use the cheaper priced add on first so once you add the UK add on the system will automatically deduct from that one. But it doesn't hurt to screenshot the counter first before you first use it and then make your call just to make sure nothing wonky happens.  If there is an issue you could then get the moderators to correct it.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
0  /  400 MIN
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US  0 / 500 MIN

jadedetrey

Ok; I sorted out my login issue. I purchased the $15 for 300 international minutes add on. If I want to call the States I will buy a separate add on for that. I may also buy the $15 for 1000 minutes to the UK add on....but I wonder if my account will understand to use my calls to the UK only from that specific add on and not out of my smaller, 300 minute international add on (which includes the UK)... Anyone know? I am not too concerned at the moment as I want to start with the international add on and then see if i need another add on for the UK specifically. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This thing with helping customers save money on long distance minutes by having separate country specific add-ons may have caused complications and potentially greater expense.  It is used to be that the more expensive add-on could be used in place of the less expensive one.  Now, we are required to carry more add-ons and tie up more funds.  It it hard to say what is a better system.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@jadedetrey wrote:

Hello,

Does the international calling add on of $15 include calls from Canada to the States? I am hoping to be able to call anywhere with this add on. I am from Canada.  Thanks.

Also: I keep being bumped out of actually buying this add on. (I have money in my account)... I will try again in a bit. The last two times it just told me to re-login.... Which I already was. Thanks!

An older international add-on includes calls to the States but the current version doesn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jadedetrey : Only the 1000 minute one. And only usable while in Canada.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You'll need the US calling add-on, @jadedetrey 

Need Help? Let's chat.