cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text vs Canada-Wide

sophitechnicusñ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

In my plan i have Unlimited international text.

Why the messages don't receice outside of Canada?

The note means that i pay for international but doesn't work?

"Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messages, and messaging to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included."

Dragos S.

41 REPLIES 41

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sophitechnicusñ, sorry about the trouble you are having.  If you have not already done so, would you please send @Kalla_A a private message with the 4 phone numbers (the full numbers, all digits) so that she can investigate for you?  Kalla works for PM and can troubleshoot this for you.  Please have patience, and hopefully she will have more information for you soon. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sophitechnicusñ

I know the services via internet, text messages it's used when one part don't have internet connection temporary or all time!!! for this is necessary text messges!!

The main idea is that i pay for international text and i have Canada-Wide(i hope because i use only local for now; i will try ...).

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sophitechnicusñ, I know this does not technically solve your issues but using IM messaging services like Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp and Wire is likely more stable and would save you charges for both you and the recipients. All of these services are free and offer end-to-end encryption. Signal, WhatsApp & Wire all offer voice calling. Wire includes video calling as well. SMS while ubiquitous, has many technical shortcomings that makes it unreliable. This is one of the reasons why messaging services has pretty much replaced International texting, and for some people texting all together.

Maybe it's a good time to try using these alternate services instead.

If this is not feasible due to technical issues or preference, hopefully @Kalla_A is able to resolve your issues and that International texting works for you again.

Cheers!

Hello @sophitechnicusñ,

You should not have any restrictions texting the US and Europe.

Could you send me those three numbers by private message? I will look into this for you.

Cheers,

Kalla

sophitechnicusñ

For what i pay more money if i don't have this services?????

For donation please add this option!!! is'n a donation when i pay the plan!!!

You ask me:

"Would you mind sharing all but the last 4 digits of the international number that you are trying to text? For privacy reasons, please don't post the full number, since this is a public forum"

Whay is the solution???

@sophitechnicusñ Sorry, but the international texting offered by any wireless carrier in Canada is not without restrictions. To support texting to ALL carriers ALL over the world using ALL different network technologies is simply not possible, as I'm sure you can well imagine.

Also, you've provided only the last 4 digits of the phone numbers, which is insufficient for me to look anything up.

Since there's multiple numbers you're trying to text, perhaps @Kalla_A is best positioned to help you further?

sophitechnicusñ

Europe: ....7513

Europe: ... 9281

USA: ........9831

sophitechnicusñ

When i pay "interntional texting plan" for me means International with out other restriction!!

Now i heard about number 611 unfortunately.

@Kdawg Thanks for pointing this out - I was clearly mistaken about international texting no longer being offered!

@sophitechnicusñ Would you mind sharing all but the last 4 digits of the international number that you are trying to text? For privacy reasons, please don't post the full number, since this is a public forum. With the first part of the phone number, I'll try to look up the carrier in the foreign country that the number belongs to. Thereafter, maybe a PM moderator can let you know if texting to that carrier is supported.

Kdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On choose your plan page there is an option for international texting. The options are "Canada Wide", "International", or "No Text".

Mayor / Maire

@sophitechnicusñ Despite your having an interntional texting plan, sending and receiving messages to international numbers depends on the carrier of the foreign party. I'm assuming you have a legacy plan, since new plans no longer include international texting. Have you tried calling 611 to speak with a PM representative? They should be able to shed more light on the issue for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.