cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text not working

JacobCC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Canada, but my tests won't send to a friend even though I can recieve theirs. Using an iPhone, and trying to send to someone who is in Australia. I also have the $50 plan. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

OK, cool. Good to know. Thx.

@ChuckYeahIn Australia all cell phone numbers are in the 4 "area" code... which I assume will be the ones the OP is trying to text to.

@GinYVR wrote:

@JacobCCHow are you dialing your number? 011 61 4 "the mobile number"? or you are using the built in autodialer? Make sure the country settings are correct, ie the phone knows it is in Canada before you use the automatic "+" setting

Not saying you are incorrect, but what is the "4" for? Country Code .ORG doesn't mention it.

@JacobCC wrote:

I'm in Canada, but my tests won't send to a friend even though I can recieve theirs. Using an iPhone, and trying to send to someone who is in Australia. I also have the $50 plan. Thanks in advance!

I can tell you that sending text messages to Australia is possible.  I don't usually do it since I usually just use Facebook or Hangouts to talk to someone in Australia, but I have tested it out.  Public Mobile has a strange habbit of placing a 1 in front of every number, even when this is incorrect.

From what I recall, the persons incoming text message from Australia incorrectly displayed  as coming from 101161xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ("x" being the rest of the numbers).  While 01161 and then the number would likely work as well as +61 and then the number, 101161 is wrong if I were to reply to that message.  I would check for that - just a hunch.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JacobCCHow are you dialing your number? 011 61 4 "the mobile number"? or you are using the built in autodialer? Make sure the country settings are correct, ie the phone knows it is in Canada before you use the automatic "+" setting

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JacobCC wrote:

@JacobCC  You should be able to send a text without any issue. I suspect the issue is related to iMessage. Maybe disable iMessage and try again. Also make sure you are dialing the correct number including country and area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.