cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text - Picture Messaging, AND 30 vs 90-days

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I am new to PM and although I’ve purchased a sim card, I am still deciding on which plan to get. Hope someone is able to clarify a few of my questions:

RE: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Can-I-receive-international-calls-or-te...

Question in above page: Can I receive international calls or texts from outside of the 18 listed countries? Response: You can receive any call from anywhere when you in your province.

Q#1: I understand, but is there an additional charge for receiving calls or text outside the 18 countries?

Q#2: Does PM have plans to extend the countries list to include: Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Peru, Nicaragua?

Q#3: Time Zone: why is there no “GMT – Eastern Standard for Ontario”, whereas the only province mentioned I is Newfoundland?

Q#4: If one does not have DATA but has Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging” will one still be able to receive Picture Messaging? (I’m asking because I know someone, with another provider, who could not - receive or send - Picture Messaging unless they had data).

Q#5: “30 vs 90-day Plans”: 3GB of data on a 30-day plan is clear. But can you clarify how much data I would get per month if I purchase 3GB on a 90 Plan? Is it 3GB over 90 days – OR – 3GB per 30 days (per month)?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cory_c, In answer to your questions...

#1 - There are NO additional charges for anything with Public mobile.  If you don't buy/pay for it in advance, you will not be charged for it.

#2 - The PM long distance plans only cover the countries specified.

#3 - Not sure what the question is regarding GMT EST for Ontario.  If, by chance you are refering to moderator's hours, all hours are Eastern, that's it.  If your question is about something else, please elaborate.

#4 - With Public Mobile you do not need a data plan (or add-on) to send or receive picture texts.  You must have data 'ON', and your phone must be data compatible with Public Mobile network, but you do not need to have data in your plan (and you don't need to pay anything for the data that is used for the pictures).

#5 - Data for 90 day plans is for the entire 90 days.  if it is 3GB/90 days, then you get 3GB every 90 days.  Use it when you wish.  It resets to 3GB each renewal (90 dyas).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cory_c

Q1. No. All incoming calls are included based on your plan; provincial or Canada wide. All incoming texts are included wherever you are IN canada. Further thare never any extra charges at Public Mobile. Everything is prepaid; if not chosen and paid the service simply does not work.

Q2. Noone on the Communiy knows. We never have a pre-announcement. When make your decision assune it will never happen.

Q3. I have no idea why Time Zone matters. If you select provincial calling, your province is determined by the area code of the number.

Q4. Yes. Cellular data and roaming must be turned ON for MMS to function, but there are no data charges for MMS. 

Q5. Data allowance on 90 day plan is for the whole period; in your example 3 gig over the 90 days. You may consume it in whatever pattern suits you, even as extreme at all in the last day of the 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.