cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add on

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I purchase a US roaming talk add on and I already have International talk add on, can I call England or international destinations as if I am in Canada from the States?

5 REPLIES 5

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks brilliant idea 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rosguru wrote:

If I purchase a US roaming talk add on and I already have International talk add on, can I call England or international destinations as if I am in Canada from the States?

@Rosguru  As others have already mentioned the answer is no.

If you are going to be in the US for more than 10 days and need to make international calls consider getting a prepaid sim card with international calling for $29

https://www.lycamobile.us/en/plans/

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rosguru wrote:

No, you cannot use two add-ons in a relay call from US to Canada + Canada to England.  You are missing a link between you in US and England.

The missing link can be someone in Canada with the international call add-on doing a 3 ways call to England and you in US.  YMMV as I have not done 3 way international calls

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rosguru wrote:

The 10 Day US Roaming talk add-on will only work for calls to Canada and US whilst in US...for 10 days.

The PM International Talk add-on is for calls to a limited number of countries when the call originates in Canada.

To call England or any other international, you'll need a calling card for that particular country. Cards are avalable at most 7-11 type store.

The TextNow voip app will work as long as you have a robust wifi signal and the foreign number your calling is a Cdn or US number. I believe you can buy foreign calling minutes with TextNow though.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Rosguru The international talk add on only works from within Canada.  However, it seems that you can use the voip app TextNow to call England over WiFi for free. See link https://www.textnow.com/international-calling

@Rosguru wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.