cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add-on Doesn't Work

muhammadsaqib
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased "300 International Minutes for $15 " which by its name meant international talk minutes. Later i came to know it has selected countries and i can not call USA.

Now i want to remove this Add on and get a US talk time add on and i can not do it.

I have to submit a ticket and wait and then get 1000 Minutes to the U.S. for $15  hoping it will allow me to call US.

There is no help which can be provided urgently and no feature to remove unused add-ons.

11 REPLIES 11

@muhammadsaqib 

If anything like this happens again, they can issue refund to your account so you can use it later to pay for your plan. In some cases they will also issue refund to credit card but it takes about 30 days so it's better off and easier for everyone if the refund goes into the account where you can use it for your plan or other addons on future

I know, @Anonymous - yes it is explained but only a select few of us actually read the fine print.😉

Just feel PM should make an extra effort to differentiate.  Most folks who post on this forum have similar experiences of mix-ups with the US vs International add-ons   (or Roaming vs US Long Distance)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : In the miles of fine print above the blue Purchase Add-ons box, the list of countries is mentioned.

@muhammadsaqib wrote:

If i buy another add on this will not be refunded no refunds for pre-purchased plans or add-ons are applicable. I did not call any and neither intend to call any of those countries. There should be an option to delete / remove an addon "not used".

Totally agree with you, @muhammadsaqib 

It was very wise of you not to consume any of the International Minutes add-on.   It is a good point that International long distance should explicitly state (DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USA).

Your request to swap the International with the US Long Distance will undoubtedly be able to be accommodated.   You did the right thing to contact Moderators.

@muhammadsaqib wrote:

I have been contacted by a moderator to resolve. Thanks for your response!

Hi @muhammadsaqib good to know that a moderator has contacted you.  The moderators are Public Mobile employees who deal with account related issues.  The very helpful community members are fellow customers.

Please keep us posted

RosieR

@muhammadsaqib 

Indeed there are no refunds but the moderators are very good about removing/adding the add on you need or giving credits back to your account that can be used for other purchases or paying for your plan at renewal. The moderators at public mobile are very, very forgiving.....as we are when pm screws up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muhammadsaqib wrote:

If i buy another add on this will not be refunded no refunds for pre-purchased plans or add-ons are applicable. I did not call any and neither intend to call any of those countries. There should be an option to delete / remove an addon "not used".

Agreed. But there isn't. Alas. The mods will make it right.

muhammadsaqib

I have been contacted by a moderator to resolve. Thanks for your response!

muhammadsaqib

@muhammadsaqib 

If you don't mind waiting for a moderator you can explain your honest mistake and they will nicely (they don't have to but they will) remove the $15/300 min add on and replace it with the $15/ US 1000 min add on. Or if you can't wait the hour or two it might take for the moderators to reply then you could purchase the add on you need and they will credit your account the $15 for the mistakenly purchased one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@muhammadsaqib : There's nothing stopping you from paying for and getting the US add-on and then dealing with the removal/credit of the other one.

Did you call any of the limited countries? Or even...would you call any of them? Because the minutes can also just stay on your account for when you wish to call any of those countries.

Need Help? Let's chat.