cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add-On Not Working

brucemcgoveran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.  My base plan includes unlimited Canada-wide talk.  I added  the 400-minute international talk add on for $15 earlier this morning.  Whenever I try to call overseas (London), I get a message stating that talk is not included in my plan.  I've turned off my phone and removed the SIM as others suggested.  I still can't make my call.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what do to.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

JudyMacArthur

Thank you so much!! It worked. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

@austinhuang wrote:

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

Hi.  My base plan includes unlimited Canada-wide talk.  I added  the 400-minute international talk add on for $15 earlier this morning.  Whenever I try to call overseas (London), I get a message stating that talk is not included in my plan.  I've turned off my phone and removed the SIM as others suggested.  I still can't make my call.

Thanks in advance.

Re-check your self-serve to see your addon has been applied or not. Also, ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time) if you still can't resolve. You might want to refer to this thread.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

@CS_Agent

Tagging the moderators will not help.  You will need to send them a private message. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

Encouraging the customer to seek moderator team assistance is not useful either.  The customer has confirmed that the add-on has been purchased correctly and so there should be no account related issue to deal with. 

brucemcgoveran

Thank you very much.  The phone is now ringing on the other end.

Much appreciated!

@will13am wrote:

@brucemcgoveran, the problem could be with the dialing prefix.  I use 011 exit code and then 44 country code followed by the number when calling the UK.  I have the same add-on and it works. 

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

@austinhuang wrote:

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Re-check your self-serve to see your addon has been applied or not. Also, ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time) if you still can't resolve. You might want to refer to this thread.

@CS_Agent

Tagging the moderators will not help.  You will need to send them a private message. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

@CS_Agent

As always will13am with the likely KISS. 🙂

If you're going that route then it would be better to send them a private message rather than just the tag here.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@brucemcgoveran, the problem could be with the dialing prefix.  I use 011 exit code and then 44 country code followed by the number when calling the UK.  I have the same add-on and it works. 

brucemcgoveran

@austinhuang wrote:

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

Thanks in advance.

@CS_Agent

brucemcgoveran

The add on has been applied.  I still can't call internationally.  I will ask a moderator as you suggest.

Thank you.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brucemcgoveran wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Did you do the 2 steps to getting an add-on?

1. Deposit money into your Available Funds.

2. Purchase add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.