cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming, It is nice to have you overseas as well.

carloscmd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Remember myself (couple of years ago) writing down a request for International Roaming, few months later, came the possibility to do so in US, now that we have travelled a long way in these matters, please can we extend the services to other countries/continents.

I just want to mention that there are several options with several pros/cons, most of those options are easy, fast and reliable to implement and un/fortunately the process only involves more legal than technical things. Basically I'm starting (again) the real International Roaming topic:

1.- We can ask to our big brother "to do a favor" for us!.

2.- In case our big brother, "can not handle that kind of request", we can ask a friend to do the things we need (3rd party companies).

If for some reason, we are getting a little greedy, we can get some sort of partnership with a big bad boy outthere.

Please feel free to add ideas, comments or ammends to this proposal, we (the PM Community) can make this idea come true fast and in the way we all need it!.

Regards...
A community member.

4 REPLIES 4

Public has kept status quo for international dialing for years despite some very severe price changes (some countries are way down, others are way up today compared to when Public launched the 400 min plan)

I am skeptical they would add many countries for roaming add-ons as it only increases complexity

One thing I would venture as a option is to piggy back on agreements Telus already has

Offer a plan with built in US roaming (and if they really want to push, maybe even include Telus' option for unlimited Asian roaming)

Euro roaming is a mess and it is getting worse not better

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carloscmd I'm always using a local sim card where im going to because it's much cheaper than Roaming outside Canada. but just in case you really need to use your Canada phone number, you have to go with other carrier to have International Roaming.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have no issues with it not working abroad.  I typically always get a local sim and forward to fongo before I leave. No need to pay the roam like home fees.

Plus if pm offered the same features as koodo then who would want to migrate up the food chain.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am in favor of seeing the service expand as it will help the brand.  In the time that I have been here and seeing how the brand is being positioned, I will continue to say buy the brand for what it is today and not what you hope it to be in the future.  

Need Help? Let's chat.