cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance

moragbaker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I added $15.00 to my account for 400 minutes of long distance calling, including international calling; I added this amount on Nov. 16, 2019. I tried to make an international long distance call this morning (Nov. 25, 2019) (to Scotland); I recevied a recorded message indicating I do not have any long distance time on my account. I have rebooted my phone several times between this morning and Nov. 16th.

What is (not) happening here?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@Triguy wrote:

Scotland is not inlcluded in international long distance.

Add-on..Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

You could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, Textnow, or Whatsapp.

Last time I checked, Scotland was still part of the United Kingdom... If calls to Scotland are excluded it should say so explicitly or the list should say England instead.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

Scotland is not inlcluded in international long distance.

Add-on..Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

You could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, Textnow, or Whatsapp.

@Triguy   Scotland is part of United Kingdom.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Edit - Didn't read list carefully about the UK.

@moragbaker wrote:

Hi, Thanks. I just added the long distance to my account. I will try to call tomorrow given the time difference.

Thanks again.

Okay good, and it might be a good idea to reboot the phone again now that you've purchased the add-on.

moragbaker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Thanks. I just added the long distance to my account. I will try to call tomorrow given the time difference.

Thanks again.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@moragbaker wrote:

Hi, I added $15.00 to my account for 400 minutes of long distance calling, including international calling; I added this amount on Nov. 16, 2019. I tried to make an international long distance call this morning (Nov. 25, 2019) (to Scotland); I recevied a recorded message indicating I do not have any long distance time on my account. I have rebooted my phone several times between this morning and Nov. 16th.

What is (not) happening here?

Thanks

Did you go back and make the purchase of the international LD add-on after adding the funds for it?  Buying add-ons is a two step process, so make sure you purchased your add-on.  If you still have funds showing in your account, then you need to go and complete the purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.