cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance minutes

Shadog1962
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the international LD add-on, do the minutes roll over even if I don't have the add-on for the next month. 

In other words, if I buy this add-on do the minutes stay until they are gone?

8 REPLIES 8

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Shadog1962 wrote:

On the international LD add-on, do the minutes roll over even if I don't have the add-on for the next month. 

You need to keep Public account open and you will keep minutes remaining, but you can't use the minutes unless you have active plan.  Suspended account but still open won't allow minutes to be used.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gordie7857 wrote:

yes  or upgrade your plan

@gordie7857 doesn't help if you're wanting to call one of the 18 countries included in the 400 min LD add-on other than Canada and the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gordie7857
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes  or upgrade your plan

Shadog1962
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, that is exactly what I'm looking for. 

If I understand this correctly, I could buy the add-on and use 100 minutes a month for the next 4 months. If I wanted more I would buy another block of minutes. 

Thanks everyone for you input on this. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

You buy an add-on once and then consume it over time. Then buy it again if you like.

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Shadog1962 No expiry date for add-on as long as you are still with PM. 

Do note that this is not the case for the US Roaming add-ons.  EDIT: sorry was rushed to post that but wanted to add--US Roaming Add-on(s) start as soon as purchased (day 1, regardless of time of day), and expire at midnight (eastern time zone) of the 10th day; there is no "rollover" of anything in the US Roaming add-on(s).   I fyou bought 500MB of US Roaming data add-on and only used 12MB during the 10 days, the remaining 488 MB would be lost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shadog1962 wrote:

@Shadog1962 No expiry date for add-on as long as you are still with PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZfromVanC wrote:

Correct, any additional data or minutes you purchase (separate from your plan) roll over until used up.

@Shadog1962 

I don't even like the term rollover but I know it's the term.

This was something I wasn't aware of either when I first switched over to this prepaid idea. You buy an add-on once and then consume it over time. Then buy it again if you like.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Correct, any additional data or minutes you purchase (separate from your plan) roll over until used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.