cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance add on while physically international

FlyerPoints516
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone and @Moderator_Team, I've done some research on this and have gotten some conflicting information as to whether the Long Distance international add on works for receiving calls outside of Canada.

To my understanding, the 400mins $15 add on works to receive and send international calls while in Canada, however there is no mention of whether the Long Distance add on works outside of Canada/NA. I understand there is no international roaming, however if I have the add on, shouldn't I be able to to receive and make calls while internationally?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

The condition of what happens when outside Canada and the U.S. is never mentioned because there is zero Public Mobile service available outside of these two countries. Sorry, but your phone just won't work.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FlyerPoints516  the best way to recieve calls while abroad is to create a free fongo voip account and set  up call forwarding to your fongo number before you leave canada or the USA.  then get a local sim with data. or just use wifi to check your missed calls.

@srlawren, very true I should have been more focused with that description

ETA:  I looked at that list and had no idea all of those countries were considered North America.  Greenland really surprised me!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 even "North America" is too broad, since there are no roaming options in any country other than the USA.  There are several other countries considered part of North America where there are zero roaming options for PM customers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@FlyerPoints516 wrote:

Hi everyone and @Moderator_Team, I've done some research on this and have gotten some conflicting information as to whether the Long Distance international add on works for receiving calls outside of Canada.

To my understanding, the 400mins $15 add on works to receive and send international calls while in Canada, however there is no mention of whether the Long Distance add on works outside of Canada/NA. I understand there is no international roaming, however if I have the add on, shouldn't I be able to to receive and make calls while internationally?

Thanks!

The 400 minutes is only so you can call one of the 18 Countries on the Long Distance List *while in Canada*.  To receive calls outside of Canada you need to purchase the 10 day US roaming packages.  There are no roaming packages for  for outside of North America.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.