cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: International Long Distance Add-On

@gpixel4 wrote:

@roxanneSC2020 are you on the limited $15 plan? can you check your self serve account, you may have used all your plan minutes. this would also prevent you from calling international

Some one needs to verify this!!!! So what you are saying is NO outbound calling add-on is usable after you have consumed your allotted 100 Canada Wide minutes in the $15 plan????

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I imagine it's this number only. I have called an alternative number from the ATO in the hopes they can help me from here.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for such PROMPT replies !! 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@roxanneSC2020  sorry for the delayed response. Was busy. 

The number you asked me to try doesn't work. I get the "Hi Public Mobile here blah blah blah"

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know this solution is solved but to answer why the OP couldn't dial that number is because "1300" number is a toll free number valid in Australia only.  Same with 1800 number.  Equivalent to 1-800, 1-888, etc in Canada/North America.  And how you shouldn't be able to call our toll free numbers from overseas.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

That's a good question.... can't test because all of my accounts still have the 400min international add ons which will work because they include Canada wide calling.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@MikeNetOne wrote:

I know this solution is solved but to answer why the OP couldn't dial that number is because "1300" number is a toll free number valid in Australia only.  Same with 1800 number.  Equivalent to 1-800, 1-888, etc in Canada/North America.  And how you shouldn't be able to call our toll free numbers from overseas.

Not sure what you mean but I do believe that an 800  number can be set up to be available to call only within the country or from outside the country. Is that not why most credit cards do NOT have an 800 number to call if you are out of Canada?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

That's a good question.... can't test because all of my accounts still have the 400min international add ons which will work because they include Canada wide calling.

Wow how astute!! No one else picked up on that hopefully erroneous statement!!! And yes, me too, that is why I bought the OLD 400 international minutes for calling USA and a fall back if I had consumed all my other Canada wide minutes. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Not sure what you mean but I do believe that an 800  number can be set up to be available to call only within the country or from outside the country. Is that not why most credit cards do NOT have an 800 number to call if you are out of Canada?

@LurganIeUk You are correct. The owner of the 800 number can dictate what region (s), or countries can call using their number. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Wow how astute!! No one else picked up on that hopefully erroneous statement!!! And yes, me too, that is why I bought the OLD 400 international minutes for calling USA and a fall back if I had consumed all my other Canada wide minutes. 

I don't think gpixel4 is correct in saying that either. Calls will simply slide over uninterrupted to the add-on minutes. I have a bunch of add-ons too so I can't test the exact scenario either.

Good catch.

Need Help? Let's chat.