cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance Add-On

roxanneSC2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I have just added a $15 add-on to place an international phone call from Canada to Australia. I can see it on my account although I am still unable to make the phone call via my mobile. Can anyone help me understand why? Is it possibly only a delay from the time it has been applied?

I truly appreciate your time! 🙂

-R

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

That's a good question.... can't test because all of my accounts still have the 400min international add ons which will work because they include Canada wide calling.

Wow how astute!! No one else picked up on that hopefully erroneous statement!!! And yes, me too, that is why I bought the OLD 400 international minutes for calling USA and a fall back if I had consumed all my other Canada wide minutes. 

I don't think gpixel4 is correct in saying that either. Calls will simply slide over uninterrupted to the add-on minutes. I have a bunch of add-ons too so I can't test the exact scenario either.

Good catch.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Not sure what you mean but I do believe that an 800  number can be set up to be available to call only within the country or from outside the country. Is that not why most credit cards do NOT have an 800 number to call if you are out of Canada?

@LurganIeUk You are correct. The owner of the 800 number can dictate what region (s), or countries can call using their number. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

That's a good question.... can't test because all of my accounts still have the 400min international add ons which will work because they include Canada wide calling.

Wow how astute!! No one else picked up on that hopefully erroneous statement!!! And yes, me too, that is why I bought the OLD 400 international minutes for calling USA and a fall back if I had consumed all my other Canada wide minutes. 

@MikeNetOne wrote:

I know this solution is solved but to answer why the OP couldn't dial that number is because "1300" number is a toll free number valid in Australia only.  Same with 1800 number.  Equivalent to 1-800, 1-888, etc in Canada/North America.  And how you shouldn't be able to call our toll free numbers from overseas.

Not sure what you mean but I do believe that an 800  number can be set up to be available to call only within the country or from outside the country. Is that not why most credit cards do NOT have an 800 number to call if you are out of Canada?

@LurganIeUk 

MikeNetOne

I know this solution is solved but to answer why the OP couldn't dial that number is because "1300" number is a toll free number valid in Australia only.  Same with 1800 number.  Equivalent to 1-800, 1-888, etc in Canada/North America.  And how you shouldn't be able to call our toll free numbers from overseas.

@roxanneSC2020  sorry for the delayed response. Was busy. 

The number you asked me to try doesn't work. I get the "Hi Public Mobile here blah blah blah"

roxanneSC2020

I imagine it's this number only. I have called an alternative number from the ATO in the hopes they can help me from here.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for such PROMPT replies !! 🙂

@gpixel wrote:

@roxanneSC2020 are you on the limited $15 plan? can you check your self serve account, you may have used all your plan minutes. this would also prevent you from calling international

Some one needs to verify this!!!! So what you are saying is NO outbound calling add-on is usable after you have consumed your allotted 100 Canada Wide minutes in the $15 plan????

roxanneSC2020

@Jb456 

Yes, I have just reached the provided number.

The ATO is whom I am trying to reach and I found this email on their official website. Can I ask you to try it and see what your outcome would be? The number is +61 1300 1MYGOV (1300 169 468).

roxanneSC2020

@JoyLuck ,

I have been able to dial out an alternative international number (a friend's). I guess it must be that one number. I do find that weird because though as it's the Australian Taxation Office help desk which is governmental....

Anyway, I will move on to your next suggestion and reach out to a moderator ..

Gracias !

@roxanneSC2020  I just tried this grocery store in Melbourne Australia. I was able to make the call.

Screenshot_20201014_174118.jpg

When googling for a number to try and call I noticed some numbers have different country codes and stuff. Seen something with a 02 then another 62.

Are you certain you have the codes correct to make your call?.

Can you try the number in my screenshot?. I can confirm that one works for me.

@roxanneSC2020 are you on the limited $15 plan? can you check your self serve account, you may have used all your plan minutes. this would also prevent you from calling international

@roxanneSC2020 

Have you tried dialing another number in Australia? 

If you are continuing to have problems with this add on contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

roxanneSC2020

@JoyLuck

I have first added the funds onto my account and then bought the add on with them.

I see it on the main page of "My Account" located under the "Add-Ons" section below "My Current Plan". I see it has been purchased and added as there is 0 of 300 minutes used.

Thanks for replying!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@roxanneSC2020 

Can you clarify "I can see it on my account". Are you saying you see the $15 in Available Funds or do you see the actual add on in your plan?

roxanneSC2020

Thanks, @Jb456 ! I have rebooted and the automated voice message informs me that "talk is not included on my mobile plan".

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@roxanneSC2020 reboot your phone and ensure you are dialing the proper calling out code that starts with 011 then country code. Let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.