cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Incoming calls free or not?

ahmsav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the unlimited talk $20/month plan free for all incoming calls including international?

I am looking for a plan that can recieve overseas calls for free and do not burn the entire prepaid balance instantly when a foreign call comes in. Which plan is the best in that regards?

11 REPLIES 11

To clarify further, only plans with the talk options (prov, canada, or canada & US) can receive a call from anywhere in the world while connected "somewhere" in Canada.

If you do not have a talk option, you can not receive ANY calls (or make them either).

As the question was already answered, I just wanted to clarify that when anyone is receiving a call, no matter which carrier the customer is using, and no matter which plan the customer has, it never matters where someone is calling you from.  It makes no difference to the person answering the call.

@DaveInYYC wrote:

No cost for incoming calls (just like texts) beyond your rate plan! Someone could call me from Russia and it would be a local call to me on my side. That said, if I call that person, I'd be paying for it at the applicable rate.

So yes, the unlimited talk plan includes unlimited incoming calls from any destination (so long as you're phone is on the Canadian network).

Good post. Any plan with exeption of the $10 plan (for 50 minutes and 50 outgoing texts) has unlimited incoming minutes.

Just wanted to point out that the $20 mentioned by the op is unlimited provincial talk only and does NOT include the texting feature. So they will NOT be able to receive texts from any origin except notices from Public Mobile (like renewal date coming up etc.)

Also just a reminder that there are no overage charges at Public Mobile - if you don't pay for it upfront you can't use it, and if you reach the limit of your prepaid feature(s) it just stops working until your renewal date or until you buy an according add-on (no text add-ons available at this time, and to use a talk add-on your base plan needs to include a talk feature)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@DaveInYYC wrote:

That said, if I call that person, I'd be paying for it at the applicable rate.

Not quite! You can't even place the call if it is outside of your package calling area. It isn't at an applicable rate, etc. it just will not complete. You need to buy an add-on to be able to place the call prior to making the call. That's the beauty of pre-paid service. I did test that out by attempting to call one of the parts suppliers for work (the manufacturer is in Europe) and it stated I couldn't call because it wasn't in my package. I had to call from a company landline to make the call.

AND...the Public Mobile international calling add-on is limited to a select handful of countries.

AND only the $15/400 min add-on allows you to place a call to those countries. 

lol just keeping up the flow 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Psygineer wrote:

@DaveInYYC wrote:

Not quite! You can't even place the call if it is outside of your package calling area. It isn't at an applicable rate, etc. it just will not complete. You need to buy an add-on to be able to place the call prior to making the call. That's the beauty of pre-paid service. I did test that out by attempting to call one of the parts suppliers for work (the manufacturer is in Europe) and it stated I couldn't call because it wasn't in my package. I had to call from a company landline to make the call.

AND...the Public Mobile international calling add-on is limited to a select handful of countries.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Free to recieve incoming calls all day long. Now, if you want to call an international number, you can buy an International Add-on for $15 that will provide you with 400 minutes of international calling to alot of different countries. Your 400 minutes don't expire until used up as long as your plan is active. Pretty good deal, huh ! Good luck.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DaveInYYC wrote:

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ahmsav

As per the $20 plan details unlimited province talk, 

Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive from anywhere in the world. A long distance talk add-on is required to place calls to numbers with area codes outside of your home province.

Now, public mobile only has outgoing calls to 18 countries with their long distance add on:

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

DaveInYYC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No cost for incoming calls (just like texts) beyond your rate plan! Someone could call me from Russia and it would be a local call to me on my side. That said, if I call that person, I'd be paying for it at the applicable rate.

So yes, the unlimited talk plan includes unlimited incoming calls from any destination (so long as your phone is on the Canadian network).

Need Help? Let's chat.