cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling Cost Without Add On

davis946
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering how much it costs per minute for international calling if I did not buy any add on? For example if I called from Canada to China, how much would it cost per minute? If it matters, both phone numbers were 416 numbers. 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try WeChat 

davis946
Thank you for everyone's responses!

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am Good to know, thank you for that information. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I should clarify one thing, the 400 minute add-on includes international calling, the 200 minute add-on does not.  It's only Canada and US minutes.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile doesn't have pay-per-use services, so you would need to purchase a Long Distance Add-on to cover any calls to China or other countries outside of Canada.

You can purchase 200 minutes for $8 or 400 minutes for $15 through your self-serve account. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle, so if you're only making occasional or short length calls these add-ons could last you a while.

In terms of how the long distance works -- if you call a person with a 416 area code number who is physically in China, you will not be charged long distance. However, they would most likely be charged roaming or long distance fees depending on the carrier. 

Yes calling the same area code as you are in, is a free local call. You can try it out. 

davis946
So to confirm, no matter where a caller or recipient (that both use a 416/647 number) are in the world, when they call each other it is considered local and therefore free?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

if you want to call an international number, I believe you will need to buy an international calling add on. 

But if you are simply calling from a 416 number to another 416 number that is considered a local call and you should be able to call without any add ons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.