cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Add-On Did Not Work

baggtara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I got an international add-on for 10 days for $20 which did not work even on 1 single day. I tried calling a US number from Canada and also tried calling and using the data from the US but to no luck. Please advise on how I can take actions on this. 

11 REPLIES 11

It appears you did everything right so it is best to access Simon and send a ticket to the moderators they will sort it out for you you can ask for a credit on your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baggtara wrote:

I do not see the $20 in my available funds.

Even when I was in the US, the phone did not work one during the 10 day add on cycle.

Maybe post a screen snip of your payment history so we can what might have happened. Blank out personal info of course.

baggtara

Thank you! I will do this 

baggtara

@Triguy wrote:

You need to enable roaming wile you are in the US.  Also the US roaming expires 10 days after purchase.

Yes, US roaming was enabled on my iPhone and it was purchased a day before my trip.

baggtara

Yes, 

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baggtara wrote:

Hi,

I got an international add-on for 10 days for $20 which did not work even on 1 single day. I tried calling a US number from Canada and also tried calling and using the data from the US but to no luck. Please advise on how I can take actions on this. 

Do you possibly still see the $20 in your Available Funds?

I suspect you're talking about a US roaming add-on. This won't let you call the US from Canada.

Did you complete the purchase process? 1. Add funds to your account balance 2. Go to add ons page, choose $20 US roaming add on, submit choice, $20 deducted from balance and $20 US roaming add on appeared in your plan and add ons box in your accounts overview page.

Or did you follow these steps and purchased before your trip? US add ons start immeadiately after purchase it may have run out before your trip.

Yes, I completed the process and even $22.60 was taken out of my credit card. I purchased it and needed it for the following 10 days but it did not work even once.

baggtara

I do not see the $20 in my available funds.

Even when I was in the US, the phone did not work one during the 10 day add on cycle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@baggtara, if you purchased the international pal calling addon, that only works from Canada, to the US and 16 other countries.

If you were in the US, you would need US roaming minutes a/o txt a/o data for any services you desire.

As you say you paid $20, it sounds like you got the right addon, but you either not completed the 2 step purchase, pay then add again a/o did not enable automatic roaming or select AT&&T or T-Mobile as the carrier.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It sounds to me like you're already back in Canada. Check to see if the add-on got purchased, ie money spent. If it did, contact a moderator to see if a refund is possible?

Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to enable roaming wile you are in the US.  Also the US roaming expires 10 days after purchase.

@Anonymous wrote:

@baggtara wrote:

Hi,

I suspect you're talking about a US roaming add-on. This won't let you call the US from Canada.

Did you complete the purchase process? 1. Add funds to your account balance 2. Go to add ons page, choose $20 US roaming add on, submit choice, $20 deducted from balance and $20 US roaming add on appeared in your plan and add ons box in your accounts overview page.

Or did you follow these steps and purchased before your trip? US add ons start immeadiately after purchase it may have run out before your trip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baggtara wrote:

Hi,

Need Help? Let's chat.