cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Plan Glitch

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ok another one of those strange Public Mobile self serve glitches happening here

Previously was on a 6GB plan

Twice I have future dated plan changes then changed mind so keep the 6GB plan

Except... today when I log into self serve they show I am now on the (expired) 12GB package

Hmm... ok... I accept this change no idea how it ever happened though lol

*edit

Oh fun, AND the Koodo plan change code works haha

Since plan is due to top up next month and has not much in way of credits this line is an ideal Koodo refugee haha

17 REPLIES 17

jussy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So id have to pay another 42 bucks next  month aswell?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jussy, Again, you should put this in a new topic, to make sure it gets the proper exposure. 

You can check https://apn-canada.gishan.net/  for the proper APN settings.  Find your brand, then your model, and then Public Mobile for all the specific settings.

jussy

Was trying top figure out how to get my data to work. . I know i have to download something but unsure what. 

@jussy there are 2 ways to change a plan

An immediate change requires you to pay upfront and will start the new plan on same day (regardless of how many days remain in old plan)

A future plan change will not bill you until days are used up on old plan but you will not be able to use new plan features until bill date

@matbasm is correct though this really should be a new topic or else send a PM to a mod for clarification

matbasm

@jussy, First off, you should always start a new topic for a new question, that way you don't risk your question going unnoticed in an old topic.

As for your issue, when you changed your plan did you make it an immediate change, or a change at next renewal.  If it was an immediate change, you would be charged in full for whatever the new plan is.  After that, you would immediately be switched over to the new plan.  If you said change plans at next renewal, then you would only need to pay at your next renewal.  Could you provide a bit more detail...

jussy

When i changed my plan .. i had to pay twice my previously had the 35 plan and i paid and i wanted ro switch to the 42$ plan and it made me pay... just wondering why i had to pay twice when the new plan isnt active yet?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Ok, thanks for clarifying 😛 I can look into it if you send me a private message, we'll figure it out!! @kav2001c

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

I found similar effects when doing log in / log out on multiple acounts before (once I even PM mods with screen shots and afterwards the error simply vanished)

System seems not to like me managing so many different accounts I think

*hint Public Lab to associate more numbers per account Cat Wink

@Acekillerwrote:

lol, how did that happened?

@Mary_M I actually set & cancelled future date twice on this particular account since the person keeps changing their mind (wants lower price, then decides rather keep the data)

Oh this is NOT my personal plan though, this is one of my family (refer) accounts

This account was never on Fall Promo (before, lol)

It shows 6GB under booster see, but no plan details (simply says $120 per 90 days) until you click on plan details

Either way this line will deac come next November once person leave the country but hey if they do get extra data who is complaining Cat Embarassed

plan1.jpg

Acekiller

lol, how did that happened?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Maybe ( I hope not !! ) If you think I checked the wrong account, send me the details associated to the account in question 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Perhaps he checked the wrong account?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

no glitch @kav2001c, I've verified and the 12GB Fall promo plan has been active on your account since November 🙂 Is it possible that the future date was cancelled?

Let me know!

Mary

smp99

Start the car.  START THE CAR!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kav2001c, take the "money" and run.  Don't walk, run.  Smiley Happy

@Anonymous $120 is fantastic price imo

Remember this is on a newer line hence was actually paying worse $ per GB prior to the change

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c, does it show up with a fantastic price? Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.