cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry On The $15 Plan

HereYouFixIt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello fellow PbMob users and a big thanks to anyone who answers my questions. I should tell you all now that I do not get to login to this website everyday so sorry for late replys. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed 

I was wondering about the plan in the above mentioned website. Can anyone please tell me: 

1. How much do I have to pay if I go over my 100 minutes?  

2. Can I get unlimited or more minutes when using this plan for a small extra fee?  

3. I have had plans in the past that have said that I have unlimited photo messaging in the past but they seemed to always not send messages when they contained a picture. Why does this happen? What can I do if I experience the same thing when I register for this plan? 

4. How do I opt out of the autopay?  

5. In what ways can I go about paying for my plan on a monthly basis if I am not AutoPay? In person? By phone? By email? 

6 What are the charges other than GST and HST, shipping, and handling ( 😜  im kidding) for paying for this plan? Do I get charged to pay for this plan by email or by phone or in person and what is added the cost of each method? 

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Hello fellow PbMob users and a big thanks to anyone who answers my questions. I should tell you all now that I do not get to login to this website everyday so sorry for late replys. 

I was wondering about the plan in the above mentioned website. Can anyone please tell me: 

2. Can I get unlimited or more minutes when using this plan for a small extra fee?  

3. I have had plans in the past that have said that I have unlimited photo messaging in the past but they seemed to always not send messages when they contained a picture. Why does this happen? What can I do if I experience the same thing when I register for this plan? 

4. How do I opt out of the autopay?  

5. In what ways can I go about paying for my plan on a monthly basis if I am not AutoPay? In person? By phone? By email? 

6 What are the charges other than GST and HST, shipping, and handling ( 😜  im kidding) for paying for this plan? Do I get charged to pay for this plan by email or by phone or in person and what is added the cost of each method? 

1. You don't.

2. These are the add-ons already mentioned. Find them on the Plans page.

3. Cell data mode has to be on to send and receive photo messages

4. By not opting in. But why wouldn't you? It's an easy 2 bucks.

5. You can buy vouchers to put into your account either by the automated phone system or online in the self-serve. You can also use prepaid "credit" card giftcards to enable autopay if you don't have an actual real credit card. You can use a bank Visa Debit card.

6. There are no other payment options other than voucher and cards and these payment methods don't charge anything extra (other than taxes as you said).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

1. How much do I have to pay if I go over my 100 minutes?  Nothing

2. Can I get unlimited or more minutes when using this plan for a small extra fee? Yes...500 minutes for $5 ;   200 minutes US / Canada for $8;   400 minutes to Canada / US / limited international countries for $15.

4. How do I opt out of the autopay?  Turn OFF Autopay;  or Remove cc from your account but you'll lose the Autopay Reward

5. In what ways can I go about paying for my plan on a monthly basis if I am not AutoPay? In person? By phone? By email? Buy a voucher at retail level then call *611 to renew plan with voucher. You can also manually add $$ from your cc to your Available Funds for renewal.

6 What are the charges other than GST and HST, shipping, and handling ( 😜  im kidding) for paying for this plan? Do I get charged to pay for this plan by email or by phone or in person and what is added the cost of each method? You pay up front as per last question. If you don't pay, the account expires. After 90 days of expired plan, the account and number is closed for good.

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Thank you. Please tell me how can I go about reading about this 5$ add on? How can I register to pay for the 5$ add on?

@HereYouFixIt  Just scroll down the Public Mobile plans page on their main website the addons addons are also listed there.

HereYouFixIt

Thank you. Please tell me how can I go about reading about this 5$ add on? How can I register to pay for the 5$ add on?

HereYouFixIt

Thank you I will consider this.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

@HereYouFixIt  There aren't any extra charges with public mobile. Once you go over you can't make anymore calls. You can buy a 500 minute calling addon add $5 that lasts until you use them all up to act as a backup when you go over your 30 day minute allotment.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

Nothing. Once you reach your limit of calls, the calling portion will stop. You won't be able to place a call until the plan renews...or you get one of the inexpensive 500 minute Add-on for $5. Those minutes don't expire at the end of 30 days but roll over til used up.

Log into My Account / Data and Add-ons/ Purchase Add-ons. Under the "Talk", find the 500 minutes for $5.00. Make sure you have the $5 in Available Funds.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HereYouFixIt 

You do not have to pay extra at all.  Your phone just stops working when your 100 minutes are up.  No extra charges or overages with Public mobile.  When you use up something like minutes or data, it just stops.

The good news is that there is a recent new add on, 500 Canada wide minutes for $5.  This add on does not expire and the unused minutes do roll over to the next month.  A cheap way to increase your minutes.  

Need Help? Let's chat.