cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info

westcoast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the best deal I can get on pm I am getting so tired of running out of data I am thinking about switching to another carrier 

10 REPLIES 10

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're right that would work, and I have Google Voice, FreedomPop SIMs, and a softphone tied to voip.ms, which I use in various combinations on top of PM 3G speeds, TMo US, and AT&T US, but none of them gives me a call quality as good and as reliable as using the voice dialer. Even accessing OneSuite (virtual calling card which I'm sure is ultimately using data) through the dialler is better quality and reliability.

So while I like to have data-based voice calling as a fallback, I've learned not to rely on it (e.g. FreedomPop).

Also, while "the more data the better", I agree and went to 4.5GB which for my use is effectively unlimited (especially with a plan with a hard stop, like PM or even Koodo Shock Free Data). If I wanted to make a lot of calls to US, I'd definitely take $50/6.5GB since I don't need even that much data. It's nice PM is offering choice.

=aw

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ottawa You would almost think, hey, get the 8GB of data and use Google Voice or something like TextNow for a free second phone number - and use that for US calls. I mean, for the number of US calls I do it works great for me to use Google Voice. If you are a heavy user then yeah mixing it up the add ons are a good idea. I think in this day and age data is king, and the more you have allows you to do more things. Just my 2 cents.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@westcoast wrote:

Thx so much for everyones help is it also possible to add us calling to the 8 gb plan offer

You can get an $8/200min or $15/400min add-on that includes calling the US (minutes last forever as long as the account is alive).

But note there's also a $50/6.5GB plan that includes unlimited calling to US. It isn't listed as a pre-built plan, but go into "Build Your Own Plan", choose 30 days, calls to Canada&US, Int'l texting, and 6+0.5GB 3G data, and you'll see the price is $50.

So you can have a plan for $50 with either (8GB+calls to Canada) or (6.5GB+calls to US). It depends which you need more. Note that the data add-on is $30/1GB and the calling add-on is $8/200min or $15/400min, so it really depends which you need more.

=aw

westcoast

Thank you again everyone I really appreciate it I hope you all have a awesome day!! 

justinbeaudoin

@westcoast Yes, there are add-ons available for that.

400 International Long Distance minutes - $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes - $8

westcoast

Thx so much for everyones help is it also possible to add us calling to the 8 gb plan offer

justinbeaudoin

@westcoast You cannot change it to be LTE unless you choose an LTE based plan which offer less gigs, but PM does have a couple LTE based plans.

All plans are on LTE though, just the 3G speeds ones are throttled down.

Enjoy the 8gb! It's amazing.

@westcoast wrote:

Is a person going to be really disappointed with 3g speeds and how do I change it 

The 3G plans are still on LTE network, it is just throttled to 3mpbs. With this, you will not see any difference while you browse, watch HD videos, etc. You can change it from your self-serve account. Make sure to select the Change on next renewal date button instead of change now button. 

westcoast

Is a person going to be really disappointed with 3g speeds and how do I change it 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@westcoast,  you came on the right day.   There is a new 8Gb plan for 30 days.  Read about it in the announcements forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.