cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the size of my voicemail inbox

dangermouse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

When I was with Rogers, I think I had space for 30 messages in my voicemail inbox. With Public, I understand it's 10 messages.

Is there a way I can get this limit extended by a little bit? Almost every time I check my messages, I get a short message saying my inbox is almost full, plus the manual management I have to do is a little annoying/inconvieient.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

stan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm thrilled its 10. I just moved from a Rogers Seniors plan, phone 300 min and text only with a $100.00 Doro flip phone (i sold it fir $60) No Data so I depended on WIFI. But theres so many crappy WIFI out there (Macdonalds, Picklebarrel) that i wanted some data when away from WiFi . I also quickly found out (noone told me ) that limit was 3 messages.

For the same price of $30.00 I have 10 messages, 500 mb data for the few times I'm away from good wifi and unlimited.

But its only been 20 minutes. Hope the coverage is as good as Rogers. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yup.  If somebody calls me and I don't answer, they'll usually just send me a text or email me rather than leave a voicemail.  Now the primary people leaving messages on my voicemail are my doctor's/dentist's office, or the occasional collection agency fishing for somebody that had my phone number 20 years ago. 😛

pakmode

Lol - remember when 3 voicemail limits were the norm?

I remember when I had Bell Fax/voicemail 10 years ago I was allowed to keep 25 voicemail and fax messages.  Rarely did it ever get past 4-5 then....nowadays there are only a couple people who bother leaving voicemails a month lol. 

WearySky

Yeah, let's just be happy that it's not the 3 voicemail limit that other budget carriers have.

Although to be honest, I find it astounding that people need even 10 voicemails.  I never have more than 1 or 2 saved that need following up, ever, and the vast majority of the time it's zero.  Obviously people have different usages than me, but voicemail seems so antiquated.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mhaider Just a short note regarding "maybe in future they may introduce voicemail plus like other carriers":  while this is entirely possible, I have heard zero talk from PM staff regarding this being on their radar or something they are interested in doing.  I think it's best if people just assume it will be 10 forever, until we've heard otherwise--then, if they do offer more in the future, it will be a nice bonus.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad I could answer your question 🙂

thanks for the info, i was waiting in the wings for an answer to this one too!

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It can hold 10 messages.

Other things to know about PM voicemail:

1) Voicemail messages can be up to 5 minutes long.

2) Messages are deleted after 10 days but you can keep them by saving them. However, you can only have 10 messages (saved/unsaved) total in your voicemail at any point in time.

As of right now, there is no way to change that limit, maybe in future they may introduce voicemail plus like other carriers but for now the limit is set to 10.

Need Help? Let's chat.