cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect accounting for US Data Roaming add-on

pmwade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently spent 5 days in the US and had purchased a talk+text+data(250) add on for my trip.  I used about 40% of the 250MB during the trip, but today, just before the plan expired, I got a notification from 611 that I had used 95% of my U.S. Data Roaming Add-On.

I would not expect to have used anything beyond the 40% after I left the US and returned to Canada, but it seems to have possibly been using my add-on data after I returned to Canada.  Is this expected?  My question comes to this sequence:

1. Buy add-on, go to US for 1 day, use 50MB (roaming).

2. Return to Canada for 3 days, use 500MB of data (not roaming).

3. Return to US for 3 more days, I will expect to have 200MB of roaming data available.

I'm just wondering if there is an actual accounting issue (roaming vs home usage), or if this is just a misfiring usage warning.  In either case, there seems to be a system issue that needs to be addressed.

1 REPLY 1

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Not seen that discussed yet. If you really need an answer you will need to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and a query; click this: message to moderators.

The behaviour does seem odd, unless PM is allowing unused roaming data to be used before your normal data allowance. If you do not plan to return to the US immediately this would actually be good.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.