cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Long-Distance Charges

NotAnAmbiTurner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in and around Vancouver, BC.

Some time ago, when I was in southern Surrey, BC, my phone gave me a "welcome to the US" text message. Frankly, I forgot about it. South Surrey is close to the border.

Today, in my home in New Westminster, BC, I woke up to find the same message...

I have not been to the US since signing up for Public Mobile, yet my international add-ons are being used up.

What can I do about this?

3 REPLIES 3

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

first, with respect to the charges, contact a mod and they will be able to look up the "ping history" of your sim and see how quickly you managed to cross over from canada to usa which will be proof enough that you werent hopping between countries. i had the same issue when i went to windsor, ON near detroit and i got billed for using i think it was at&t towers when i was with fido. but after they looked at my sim's ping, it was showing i was going back n forth between windsor and detroit a few times in an hour which wasnt adding up, so they reveresed the charge. lastly, to prevent this i turned off roaming and i havent had the issue since.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NotAnAmbiTurner wrote:

I'm in and around Vancouver, BC.

Some time ago, when I was in southern Surrey, BC, my phone gave me a "welcome to the US" text message. Frankly, I forgot about it. South Surrey is close to the border.

Today, in my home in New Westminster, BC, I woke up to find the same message...

I have not been to the US since signing up for Public Mobile, yet my international add-ons are being used up.

What can I do about this?

@NotAnAmbiTurner if you've never been the US since joining PM I assume you don't currently have an active US roaming add-on of any type.  Even if you did and somehow it was in effect, any US roaming add-ons that include US roaming talk are unlimited minutes so there's no concern of those being used up.  I'm going to instead infer that you mean your Long Distance add-ons are being used up, meaning the $8/200min or $15/400min add-ons that can be used while in Canada.  Are you actually seeing those getting used up when you make calls today after getting that text?

I'm 99% sure you get that text in error of some kind, since New West really shouldn't be in range of a US tower.  If you did manage to connect to a US tower without any US Roaming add-ons you wouldn't be able to make or place any calls. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@NotAnAmbiTurner you phone probably got connected to the US cell phone providers tower when you were at the border city and that is why you probably see those charges.

You may want to send a private message to @CS_Agent  explaining your issue and providing your phone and account number.  They may be able to help you out.

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.