cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Incoming calls when traveling outside province

Well I can confirm as well that I was able to receive calls on my 613 number while I was in montreal . No problem with that.

Mayor / Maire

zhadj030 wrote:

Well I can confirm as well that I was able to receive calls on my 613 number while I was in montreal . No problem with that.

If you're on a provincial voice calling plan, consider yourself lucky.  Those incoming calls should not even have rang and you should not have been able to answer them.  It's good to have a carrier billing error go in the customer's favor for a change.

Mayor / Maire

computergeek541 wrote:

If you're on a provincial voice calling plan, consider yourself lucky.  Those incoming calls should not even have rang and you should not have been able to answer them.  It's good to have a carrier billing error go in the customer's favor for a change.

Totally agree, while do not forget that we also get a slap in the face since Gatineau does not count as a local call, so sometimes I got connected to a tower on the other side (Quebec) and I cannot make normal local calls, so I call it a fair trade. XD

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't understand why Public Mobile makes an official annoucement about this?  Why don't their employees respond to this question, rather than lettting everyone make their own comments about this?  Sometimes I wonder about this company.

So here is how the system works.  Your phone looks for the closest signal (tower) when activated.  I will use an example to explain:

Home Province: BC (with number registered as a Vancouver number)

Travelling to: Calgary, Alberta

If I were travel to Calgary from Vancouver, the Province of Alberta would now become my local calling area (since it picks up signals from towers in Calgary and my plan covers me for province wide calliing).  Here is a small chart to explain each item:

In Visiting Province (Alberta).

Making Calls: You will be able to make local calls (any number registered as an Alberta number).

Receiving Calls: You will be able to receive ALL calls (i.e. Alberta, BC, any other province or International).  

Downsides:

- If you need to call a BC number while in Calgary you will need a Canada Long Distance Plan added.  This plan will also allow you to call any other province in Canada.

To sum it up

You can receive calls from anywhere while in the visiting province but will only be able to make local Alberta calls while visiting there.  To call back home you will need a long distance package.

Dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.  If they do they are just trying to push for more sales.

Mayor / Maire

@Double_J, the problem is, the OFFICAL WORD in the related documentation says you will not receive incoming calls from anywhere, unless you are in your home province, on the province wide plan.

i can’t test it, as I was given 200 minutes of LD coverage when I had a calling problem to a new exchange in my city, and I was in my city.

Some people may have this situation, some may not.  But until the information is OFFICIALLY announced and documented as such, I as someone in this community offering assistance will suggest an LD addon while traveling outside their province, within Canada.

Mayor / Maire

And now, after posting, I realize that I’ve just responded to a thread that was one year old, with a single new reply today.

OH boy.. why do people do this!

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

@Double_J, the problem is, the OFFICAL WORD in the related documentation says you will not receive incoming calls from anywhere, unless you are in your home province, on the province wide plan.

i can’t test it, as I was given 200 minutes of LD coverage when I had a calling problem to a new exchange in my city, and I was in my city.

Some people may have this situation, some may not.  But until the information is OFFICIALLY announced and documented as such, I as someone in this community offering assistance will suggest an LD addon while traveling outside their province, within Canada.

@stonechucker, that is the problem I wish they would fix.  If you can receive calls from anywhere in your "home" province (BC for me).  When I go to Alberta "new home" Province isn't it common sense I would still receive all calls.  They really need to re-word it but I think it is left like that to sell more LD addons because otherwise people would just say call me while away.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13@stonechucker, @Double_J

I believe they have addressed this in their latest KB article.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

specifically  this line:

When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On

Mayor / Maire

Wow...  I haven’t looked at that Knowledge base since the update.  Good catch!

Oracle

Me either lol been a little busy last little bit

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *