cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Incoming calls when traveling outside province

Hello Mods:

I have searched this threads and most posts indicate that incoming will not work without add-on if you are traveling outside home Provine.

I have experienced otherwise.

I have PM province-wide plan and live in Ontario (Ontario number with 613 area code). I was traveling to Calgary, Alberta in April for three weeks and was able to receive incoming calls on my PM Ontario number - (No add-on for long distance); the incoming calls mostly were from my home - Ontario and also local calls. My outgoing worked for only within Alberta calls.

So can the members WHO HAVE USED province-wide plan WITHOUT add-on outside home province please share and shed some light if we do not need long-distance add-on for INCOMING calls when traveling outside home-province

Appreciate the community helping each other.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Incoming calls when traveling outside province

Please check this link out, it explains the calling situation between provinces very well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

I was recently travelling outside of my home province and did not receive any calls.  I was, however, able to forward my number to a Fongo line I use, and was able to receive calls via my data plan, that way.

Oracle

@skifan, that is a good thread but this member says he is still able to  receive calls from his home province even while out of province yet the chart says you can't receive any calls.  Receiving calls from your home province without the addon makes total sense to me as way back when I first had a cell phone and  I travelled I was able to recieve calls from my home province as they weren't considered calling long distance to me but I did require long distance to call them.

So receiving calls from your home province while out of it without a long distance addon makes perfect sense.  Next time I am out of province I will have to have my wife call me and not me call her to see if it deducts from my long distance minutes.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On a similar note..........I was recently in the US and had purchased the roaming data package but did not opt for the voice or text option.  During this time, I noticed that I was able to receive texts although I could not respond of course.  I did not receive any voice calls so that question remains to be answered

Oracle

It would be great news if this is how province wide talk works.  I suppose we do need a few data points to prove that it is not an account glitch. 

Oracle

My thought on it is your phone is just receiving the call while receiving a call it won't differentiate between area codes if it has service it will ring. Now calling out it will know what area codes are now"local"calls so you would need a ld plan to call out of province

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

I'm interested in the answer to this too.  (Subscribed for replies.)

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Next time I am out of province I will have to have my wife call me and not me call her to see if it deducts from my long distance minutes.

@ShawnC13

or just call yourself using Fongo when out of province for extra fun XD

Oracle

, i talk to myself enough it is nice to hear other voices once in a while lol 😁

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:
, i talk to myself enough it is nice to hear other voices once in a while lol 😁

Smiley LOL